587,569 active members*
3,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > extruded aluminum frames with rails from wide format plotters is there a market?

Lightbulb extruded aluminum frames with rails from wide format plotters is there a market?

I just started a job repairing wide format plotters and in the process I part out some of them some of the frames are 36 some are larger with 2 rails attached, now from my first attempt at a mid size router (light duty trim router x-30 y- 24 and z-6) out of mdf and angle iron and bar stock I had a lot of flex to take out in the build it worked well and was accurate into the hundreths but there was a lot of mods to take care of the flex under tourque.
    So now I'm not quite ready to build another (space problems and roommates),
    I thought hey wait a minute I will have these as I need them but the boss is stripping them for scrap and selling them for poundage, so I asked him if I might find a market for them, so now I ask is there such a market here y'all have been good in the past so I am willing to be so here and now.
    If there is an interest I will be reasonable in providing information as to getting them put back to good use.

what are the dimensions of the rails you have and what part of the country are in in?

Thank You

rail dem.

they are on avg. when avail. 1.5 cm or around 9/16 in by at least 44in it depends on width of printer these are HP products older printers 400/600/700/500/2500 ect frames and rails are just extra after parting out mach
    I am in austin texas nowdays
    remember this is just a question to see if they are worth the trouble to try to sell (reasonable of course)
    on some there is just one rail but on most there are two and they are already mounted to the frame I'll try to get a shot later on but you should be able to imagine what they look like

Re: rail dem.

Peaked interest from Fort Worth here . Waiting for the pics