586,973 active members*
3,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Shopmaster/Shoptask > Fix for Noisy/Hot Mill-Turn Spindle (& other upgrades)

Hybrid View

Re: Fix for Noisy/Hot Mill-Turn Spindle (& other upgrades)

Quote Originally Posted by n1tr0 View Post
    Attachment 333562
    Let me know if you want any specific shots of it. It sure beats wrenching to change the bits constantly..
    Well it sure is putting pressure right on the end of the drawbar and the top bearing. Building one like that would be a snap, as those other styles require a lot more moving parts and extra machining. If it has been working fine for your Tormach, then maybe those other guys are just doing some of that engineering hand-wringing. So what you will be building is a mounting adapter for the Mill Turn, and then we would just buy the Tormach PDB- correct?

Re: Fix for Noisy/Hot Mill-Turn Spindle (& other upgrades)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBLOCK1965 View Post
    So what you will be building is a mounting adapter for the Mill Turn, and then we would just buy the Tormach PDB- correct?
    I've designed up an adjustable mounting system for the SkyFIre QTC system which is very similar to the Tormach unit, but it's about $300 instead of $1200... I'll be posting the design for public/non-commercial use for anyone who would like to copy it for their Mill-Turn. If anyone can't machine it themselves, they're welcome to contact me via PM and we can work something out.
    The 10k spindle was also very well priced as was the custom/matching motor pulley. I'd contact Skyfire directly and talk to Defeng as the pricing on the custom parts was even better than their published prices.
    It'll probably be fairly late tonight before I can post up drawings and such.