588,476 active members*
5,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pac Sci Drives

I am new to this but I am working on building a cnc router. I have question for anyone out there. Does anyone know there I can get a motion control card to run these drives with, that works with G-code. Or does anyone know where I could find info on using lpt port with a brakeout board. These have all kinds of goes inners and goes outser. I read the manual several times and looked at all kinds of pen outs and web sites for weeks, and how, my head hurts, wow! So please, can someone help me! T:withstupi ell something even if wrong so I can get some sleep.

Thanks for your help.

Drives PC833-001-T

try giving automation direct a call.

http://web1.automationdirect.com/adc/Home/Home

Matt

I took a quick scan on Google about this drive. looks to be a brushless servo drive. Correct? Many of these drives need a 0 - 10 volt signal for motion. This is what my Galil card and camsoft software use. Note: this is expensive higher end stuff.

I suggest you may want to by drives from a place like gecko that use step and direction to run a brush type servo. (They may have brushless servos, also) I have also seen a thread on CNCZone about build your own brushless step and directions servo drives.

These drives will work with Mach software.

Karl

the pac sci drives have a step/dir interface, which will work with Mach. Do you have motors that match these drives?

OP says he has the manual, but for those who don't, here's a link:
    http://www.pacsci.com/products/servo...00product.html
    I believe these drives are made by API controls.

Those certainly look like some NICE drives. The OP will need brushless servos to match and that will make a really nice system to go with Mach. FWIW, I've seen brushless servos go cheap on Ebay, most folks don't have a drive for them.

Karl

The only problem is that there are tons of motor/position feedback combinations, and with the level of sophistication that George has that may be a problem.

Pac Sci

Man I would love to thank each of you guys personally for the feed back. I do have the motors and cables along with the drives. To the gentleman recommend Gails they do have the card and software. A little rich but I think I can swing it. The motors are PM22B with endcoders. I looked at Gecko Drives but had these, 4 of them and said I had to use them. I seen these units in action, they are nice. You guys are great to take the time to answer my question. Have nice day, you have made mine.
    Thinks