587,220 active members*
3,031 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

dnc parameter help

i'm running a fanux 16i machine.

i'm only going to dnc on one machine which is directly connected to the machine with a rt232 (or what ever its called) cable. i'm reading the book on parameters for the machine and it gives me two options on setting up dnc for the machine.

parameters for dnc1/dnc2 interface, and parameters of dnc1 interface. with the info giving is there a correct one i should choose?

also when i changes the parameters, flip on and off the machine, it seems nothing really happens.

on the machine i can only really run programs in auto mode, i can execute lines of code in mdi, is mdi where i initiate the dnc?

You didn't say what machine this control is on. My Fanuc manual refers to the RMT button, and to refer to this button in the machine tool builders manual.
    My advice is to get your RS232 to successfully transfer files back and forth from/to your PC, using the RS232 settings/parameters, don't fool with DNC1 or DNC2. If you get that part working, you'll be mostly there.
    Also, make sure you're following the proper procedure when you set the RS232 parameters, enabling PWE, make sure you're in the proper mode (MDI/EDIT), etc. (its in the manual).