588,320 active members*
4,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > IKO LRW30 Data - Time sensitive, Please Help!

IKO LRW30 Data - Time sensitive, Please Help!

Hello my geeky friends.

I am possibly about to make (for me) a major purchase, around $350 for a pair of 54" IKO LRW30 linear guides and bearings.. This is a major component I need for a medium sized gantry router I have been planning for years.

The problem is, they are going fast, even at this price, but I want to see a datasheet before I purchase these. If they dont work, i am slightly worried about recovering my money.

Even if i cannot find this datasheet, I will probably purchase them in about an hour... I mostly want to see just how big they are, and what the tolerances are reported to be when they were new...

Also, if someone can think of a good reason not to purchase these(such as that they ahve some to sell me) let me know. Thanks!

Robert

did you buy the rails are you happy with them i bought a set and but havent gotton them yet

i havent bought them. i made offers of $250, and $270, both refused. so, i am treading water waiting for better deals to pop up...

you got them from the JRhelicopter seller?

it is frustrating, i would have purchased them, but he didnt respond when i asked where he got his data, or if he knew where there was a datasheet.. cl;early he had some technical info on the things... oh well..

i wanted to see what the accuracy\foot was... and see a drawing of the blocks to figure out what actual travel would be...

once you get them, please let me know. he has 4 more sets, and i am still considering them..

i wish he had taken the $270.. the more i sink into components, ballscrews, rails, limit switches, fastening hardware, extrusion, aluminum plate, etc.., steppers, etc... the more I wish i had started out purchasing complete axis... sure the work area would be a bit smaller, but it sure would come out better, and probably cost less, and the accuracy.. i am sure my machine wont reach the .0005 these lienar components sometimes brag..

thx!

robert.