588,129 active members*
4,922 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Just Purchased a used JSM40 Laser Engraver

Just Purchased a used JSM40 Laser Engraver

I just purchased a used Jsm40 Laser Engraver. I have the usb security dongle for Newlydraw software but NO software. What is the best, easiest most cost effective way to get this thing up and running. The previous owner could not get it to work. Do I need drivers for this machine to run from my XP based PC? Can I work directly from PhotoGrav.....or EngraveLab? Is there anyone in the greater Seattle area who might be able to help? Thanks, I appreciate any input you might offer. Ron (tacoma)

Reply to my own post....

I just want to add some information to my original post. I downloaded a copy of Newlydraw software and have it on my computer now. I was able to create a simple file and when i went to the File tab to Engrave the file the "Engrave" window came up but the "Factory" window and "Model" window are both blank. Will this software automatically recognize my machine when I connect it to my computer? and therefore fill in the "Factory" window as well as the "Model" window? Of course the machine is now at a different location from my computer so I can't just plug it in and try it. Again, I appreciate any help that might be forthcoming. Thank you. Ron (Tacoma)