588,616 active members*
4,119 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Hurco

Angry Hurco

Help!!!!! I purchased a used HERCO MILL and would like to us Bob Cad to send a usable code . The machine uses a conversational code programmed at the machine. I can receive ; but don't know how to generate or convert standard N.C. code to the hurco.hd3 code.

I use Bob Cad to generate N.C. programs for my TMC with great success.

Jerry

Does the Hurco machine have an option to run ISO code? Might check into that as it will save you a lot of hassles. Most machines I know will accept ISO.

You can not post an .hd3 file to your hurco. that is the conversational processor that is proprietary to them. you can however swithch the control over to the cnc side. if you don't have the industry standard option, the code is an older version of g-code. you have to do a few things a little different, like all your z moves in drilling canned cyles are incremental, and other things like that. It will take a little while to find all the differences. let me know if youy are haveing any trouble, and i will go back and see what i did to make the changes. What cam system are you using??? there is also a dxf option thta they have that works pretty slick for programming at the machine...

:rainfro: I hear they are working on the conversational post for Hurco. It is proprietary, so they are having to take a lot of time out to debug the conversion. If you can operate in g-codes for now, do it. I am also anxious to see how the new post will work.

I will let you know that the conversational posts normally take about sic weeks for them to finish. Simply because they can be so difficult to convert to from G-code.

The One

hi jerry
    on your machine you can change your editor from conversational
    to nc which will allow you to use g-godes
    then you can run your cad/cam through it
    ultimax system use's its conversational .hd as its standard i dont know of any softwarehouse making a post for its conversational
    format apart from hurco themselfs that was called pcmax it ran on your computer and give you the same screens as the ultimax twin screen and allowed offline programming,but to make the machine more universal they incorparated iso programming allowing for 3d shapes which even its 3d option cannot produce
    to be made using iso
    post format is very simple to do
    so there should be no reason why you can not talk to the ultimax controller
    hope this helps
    best regards
    peter