Hi all,
I have an Anilam Wizard 800 DRO that I'm not sure is working properly. The machine sat unused for a good while and when I went to power the DRO up yesterday it was behaving strangely. The X axis works correctly but the Y axis shows all zeros (000.0000) and will not respond to axis movement. I swapped the plugs on the back of the unit to check the scales and the Y axis scale is definitely functional. I've also been over the manual several times and can't find any settings that would produce this behavior.

Part of the initial weirdness was that if you bump the unit the display would freak out and display garbage characters. Having seen this before with electronics that have sat for extended periods I opened it up and reseated all the chips and connectors. That fixed the "bumping" problem but the the y axis issue remains.

One other thing about the y axis is that all the digits are displayed, and only the digits. The inch/mm and inc/abs indicators are not lit at all. I can set the Y position to something other than zero and it takes, but still won't respond to axis movement.

So, has anyone seen something like this before? Is there any way to do a reset to factory defaults or something like that? Is it just hosed? I have some electronics background so I can dig in further if it might help.

Thanks!

Chris