588,232 active members*
4,829 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > NEW Hobby PRO CAD-CAM

NEW Hobby PRO CAD-CAM

HELLO , does anyone here use bobcad and what do you think of it?
    thanks.

Hi, we have v19 at work, I have learned a little bit in it, mostly how to draw(Im the only one who realy knows how to run it) I have posted some G-code but havent really been happy with how it does it for the most part, A lot of it could be my learning but I have learned and heard that when you run a contour, instead of dropping down in deadspace and moving into the part to cut the finishing pass, it just drops right down into the finishing pass in the part.

Jon

what does it cost?

I use this software at work to program, the post processor that they sent was kinda messed up, but our machine uses an Italian controller they had never seen. It worked well enough for us to straigthen out. The software does have quirks to it and really large files sometimes lock the software up, but it does work pretty good for the price, the main problem is the learning curve to a few idiosynchrocy's the software has, once you get past them it will do alot. I have made quite a few auto parts for friends with it, we have built quite a few large parts and 2 molds with it so far. The solids menu for machining works pretty good, its the quirks with canned cycles like drilling and the 2d milling that has most of the little quirks but part of that i'm sure was part of our screwy controller and the post processor. I would call for pricing as thy seem to offer price breaks quite a bit. We use the version 19 with solids and everything.

I am just getting back into using it again. All I have really done with it is some engraving. Good Luck!!!
    Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.