587,700 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > How do we remove the Way Covers for the Y axis on a VMC15 + Spindle Oiler Location?

Hybrid View

How do we remove the Way Covers for the Y axis on a VMC15 + Spindle Oiler Location?

Hi all,

So, I removed the 3 bolts towards by the bottom of the Z axis, the two side covers and the small front panel from where I suppose the "box" slides out. The cover is firmly in place, no signs of giving at all. Perhaps the next step is to remove the wipes attached to the saddle? Am I missing something? How do we get it out. Judging by what I found in the Z and X axis there is probably a quite a bit swarf in there.

Also, the manual says to check the oiler levels for the ways and spindle. This a linear guides machine so I presume there is no oiler for the way, but I can not find the olier for the spindle or any reservoir for fluids at all. Is that right?

How do you lubricate the linear guides. I just greased the rails themselves. Is that sufficient?

Thanks!!

Re: How do we remove the Way Covers for the Y axis on a VMC15 + Spindle Oiler Locatio

Most have a lube pump located under the electrical panel with the big power transformer. The pump should have an air line from manifold and also a plastic lube line. To remove the Y axis way cover there is i believe 2 bolts on the bottom side of cover, near front doors. You also have to remove small panel on front of machine, this allows way cover to slide out front.

Re: How do we remove the Way Covers for the Y axis on a VMC15 + Spindle Oiler Locatio

Thanks the 2 bolts towards the front were covered by gunk and I did not see them in the diagrams. All cleaned up now, waiting for the grease to arrive. Thanks!!

Under that panel the only thing I have are 2 solenoids and air lines. There are no other connections/tubing. May be it is a sealed spindle? It is a 94 machine with a 7500 RPM motor. How can I make sure?

fadal 7500 rpm spindles are all grease packed they have no fittings to regrease. And go to Flintmachine.com and download any of the Fadal manuals for free. heres the link for the vmc 15 Very very usefuld lots of detailed info.

http://www.flintmachine.com/pdfs/fad...MC_15_15XT.pdf

Great! Thanks.