587,781 active members*
2,862 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > ive launched a kickstarter project, all built on my novakons

ive launched a kickstarter project, all built on my novakons

so, ive set up my first kickstarter project with a friend. the device is a camera stabiliser. i machined the prototype on my nm200 and nm145 (mostly the 145). turned out exceptionally well.

so, now we wait and see how much money rolls in, muhahahah!

or something.

MicroSteady - Camera Stabilizer for Smartphones to DSLRs by Sterling Youngman — Kickstarter

we really have no concept of how well this can do, its a niche product, but there have been some really sucessful "machined" items on the site in recent months, with one topping 1.4m in sales. eep!

wish me luck!

well, were up to 3 sales, haha. thats a start, considering noone really knows about it yet.

9. going slower than i was hoping.

Nice promo video! Nice looking unit. Good luck on your endeavor.
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    9. going slower than i was hoping.
    All things take time, with a bit of luck it will start gaining momentum and just snowball. Have you posted links to the info on as many various other forums as well to increase the hits? Good luck anyway, very nicely designed instrument.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    All things take time, with a bit of luck it will start gaining momentum and just snowball. Have you posted links to the info on as many various other forums as well to increase the hits? Good luck anyway, very nicely designed instrument.

cheers,
    Ian
    thanks
    i know it takes time, i just want it all nOW!

were starting to distribute press releases now. trying not to spam forums though. better to make friends than enemies, haha. need to get them talking about it through other means.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    thanks
    i know it takes time, i just want it all nOW!

were starting to distribute press releases now. trying not to spam forums though. better to make friends than enemies, haha. need to get them talking about it through other means.
    I wouldn't consider it spam at all, and I would be very surprised and disappointed if most guys out there weren't very interested in seeing the results of a business opportunity from a fellow machinist! Be proud of your achievement and spread it around!

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    I wouldn't consider it spam at all, and I would be very surprised and disappointed if most guys out there weren't very interested in seeing the results of a business opportunity from a fellow machinist! Be proud of your achievement and spread it around!

cheers,
    Ian
    oh, i dont mean this forum. this is "relavent topic" here. if i go to a video forum though to try and get people to buy it... thats spam. unfortunately most forums arent like cnczone, where you can put a little press release in the appropriate section.

up to 10 backers now. but something interesting has happened offline. a possible multiple unit buyer... we'll see what they do next week.

so far it seems that the "if you build it they will come" notion DOES work.. however, youd not want to bank on it making the project successfull all on its own. were gonna have a hell of alot of marketting to get this into big numbers.

well, were at 18. slooooow. but still, thats $5k. not terrible for a week.