I work in a machine shop that had a fire a few years ago. The manual mill was an ENCO bridgeport clone. It got hot enough that some of the plastic bits like the display for the DRO got soft and deformed. The insurance company cut us a check for a new one, so this mill got placed out back on a pallet. The tarp covering it blew off around a year and a half ago and it has been sitting in the elements since then. The spindle was still smooth when i hauled it outside, but cant be moved by hand now. The screws still move, tho i havent spun them more then a few degrees because the Y axis one is missing a cover and is rusty. I diddnt want to run that rust through the nut. Theres a few other small pieces missing that were robbed for the one we use now, but nothing big. The quill lock handle, the X axis jib lock handles.

Everything without paint has a coating of rust. The 2 horse motor still worked when it went outside.

I asked the boss how much he would sell it for and he told me "scrap value" So i imagine i can have it for a hundred bucks. Knowing that a new one can be had for around $3500 (which i dont/wont have), would this endeavor be worth the effort?

I have lots of time and elbow grease available, but not alot of money. A thousand bucks from my tax return.