588,616 active members*
5,326 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

masterwood project 317 issues

Thank you for looking. At my work place we have a masterwood project 317 for sometime now we have been experiencing the same error after the machine has been running for a short amount of time (anywhere fr om 30mins to a few hours). The error is "max. pursuance error surpassed" or "max. pursuance error surpassed in routing operations". Apparently the technicians that have been spoken to cannot help us with this problem and i was hoping that someone may have experienced this error before and may be able to help me. thanks in advance

I believe that it's a servo following error. On the 327 I used to use, it would only happen occasionally, and rebooting would usually cure it for the rest of the day.

Sorry, but I can't tell you how to fix it.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I worked at a door shop that had an Atlas with the same issue. I increased the error on the syncro params page for the X and Y axes and it went away.

We also had many intermittent issues that were caused by the wiring blocks(spring loaded). We did a lot of very heavy solid wood machining and I suspect the vibrations jostled some of the connections loose.

Other than that, it was a great machine.

-Brad

Intermitant problems can be a real pain to trackdown sometimes. I have to agree it sounds like a servo following error, and I would suggest checking the wires and connections related to those systems. To help narrow your search you need to look at what the machine is doing when it sets the error. Does it usually happen in the same position on the machine, a certain direction? If it is, then you should be checking the parts that are moving durring that moment (wires that are flexing...) Is the control cabinet clean, properly ventilated (not overheating)?

Hi, Had thesame problem on my masterwood4000.
    For me was this error on the Y-axis... he had to put to much power for his job and thats why he gives the error...
    My problem was fixed by cleaning the Y-axis and to give lubrication.

Grtz Jurgen.