Hello all, I have a Mighty vertical CNC mill, very similiar to a Haas or Fadal, and am entertaining the idea of retrofitting a different control. It currently has a Yaskawa/Yasnac CIMR servo system with the PCNC control and have had a lot of problems with the control since new, now another board just went so I want to see if its feasible to go a different route. It is 3 axis at the moment although I have another drive for a 4th axis and certainly wouldn't mind the control being 5 axis capable if I decide to use it later. I have no clue what is required to retrofit with a control so I wanted to see what you guys recommend. I would like to keep the Yaskawa servo system and drives, that end of it works fine and there would be no point in replacing it. However, what would I need to put a new control on it that would interface with the existing servo system?

Everything is there on the machine, all needed relays, power supplies, even input/output boards. I want a commercial grade control, nothing chincy, something reliable and proven, what has worked for you or what do you recommend?

Also, is there someone or company out there that can preconfigure all of the parameters for what I need? Thanks in advance for any help.