587,258 active members*
2,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Pacer Cadet

Pacer Cadet

Hi folks

I have a Pacer Cadet with the xmc-e software on a windows pc

Yesterday I started up the machine and the computer and as XMC-E started it came up with the message - "Dongle not found - starting in demo mode"

I checked the connection between the pc and the pacer and this looks ok - i also looked iin windows device manager and it can see th Ax controller

Any ideas please

thanks

Ian

Future help

Ian,

I assume as your post was March that you're sorted now ?

I used to be Technical Manager at PACER Systems Ltd and I'm now self employed as TS Services, so if you run into any other problems or are interested in upgrades / servicing let me know.

Cheers,

Tim.

Hi, sorry to bother you both, im running a Pacer 3000 K2 and having the same problem! "Dongle not found - starting in demo mode". Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Pete

Hi.

At work i have been yousing the XMC-E Version 2.51.1.3 softwere for meny years with no problem.

(operating a copact 900 cuting bed)

Now if i am intrpurting the softewere corectly it seems to have expiered. Is this posable?

It is saying .
    Firmware 7.92 state EXP

the company i work are trying to talk to pacer (well the new company that took them over anyway).but they are not being very helpfull.
    Any help advise would be wonderfull.

The bed will seek it datum point OK. Move to it park point OK .

But on sending a cad file though the bed move to it home point, and then just stops.

I know we are on the verge of sending the bed's control box off for testing. But if it a matter of relicensing the softweer, then that would be much much better

Hi

Can I ask if anyone has managed to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance?

Regards
    Harris

Thankfully my problem was solved.

Turnd out to be a blown chip on the control board of the copact 900 cuting bed.

Its job was to let the bed know that the laser was ready for Cutting. Which is why the control program was able to move the bed around, but nothing else.

(turn out there was nothing wrong with the software, but when you are pulling your hair out, need to to orders out ect you start to think all sorts)

Tim (from below) came and fixed things, Did a wonderful job. I highly recommend.

I have the same problem, any updated solutions ? Thanks Terry

Quote Originally Posted by TS Services View Post
    I'm now self employed as TS Services, so if you run into any other problems or are interested in upgrades / servicing let me know.
    Hi Tim, I've been trying to find your contact details on the web but no luck so far. I have a Pacer HD machine and may be in need of your assistance. I'm not sure about the forum rules on posting direct contact details but my company is Artistic Engineering in Dumbarton. A quick google & you'll find my email. Hope to hear from you.

Jonathan