587,495 active members*
3,041 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Epoxy Granite > Epoxy-Granite machine bases (was Polymer concrete frame?)

Threaded View

I hope you guys keep working on this! We have been working on epoxy-granite mill bases for a small mill that we are developing (and will be releasing to market soon...we hope!). There are many tricky aspects to it, but the final results are worth it. Through many months of research and testing we have managed to create a small machine with the vibration damping and rigidity of a much larger machine. With knowledge, careful design and planning--a similar machine is within your reach. Don't be discouraged by the unknown.

I hope I can answer any questions about this process. I will try and write up a tutorial on making your own. For now, I will just leave you with some pictures of one of our prototypes that served as a development test bed. Sadly, it has been cannibalized for the benefit of newer prototypes, but it was a great machine and is a good goal for those up for a challenge.

Good Luck!
    Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1917.jpg   IMG_1918.jpg   IMG_1924.jpg