586,969 active members*
3,072 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang P2 vfd 1.5kw RS485 setup

Hybrid View

Re: Huanyang P2 vfd 1.5kw RS485 setup

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicman View Post
    I agree I find it not normal to solder wires but the manual is specific for this model
    it is not a cheap vfd, it is a vector control vfd
    check this from its manual
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	454942
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (1).png 
Views:	0 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	454944
    Being a Vector Drive does not make it any better than a regular V/F drive, if you are running a 400Hz spindle, the Vector side of it will not work with a 400Hz spindle unless they have changed the Vector software so to date none of there Vector Drives have worked with the high Frequency Spindles there are very few VFD Drive that will work with the High Frequency Spindles they will run in the vector mode but will not do anything different than a normal V/F drive

If it had the RS485 it would of been on the Control Circuit terminals or it's own special JP6 plug which will be most likely under the cover or sometime they use the KeyPad connection so you may have to go look for the connection it is not where you have added the wires which have to be Shielded Twisted Pair
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Being a Vector Drive does not make it any better than a regular V/F drive, if you are running a 400Hz spindle, the Vector side of it will not work with a 400Hz spindle unless they have changed the Vector software so to date none of there Vector Drives have worked with the high Frequency Spindles there are very few VFD Drive that will work with the High Frequency Spindles they will run in the vector mode but will not do anything different than a normal V/F drive

If it had the RS485 it would of been on the Control Circuit terminals or it's own special JP6 plug which will be most likely under the cover or sometime they use the KeyPad connection so you may have to go look for the connection it is not where you have added the wires which have to be Shielded Twisted Pair
    I got the drive for a 3k rpm motor for a lathe, so the VC is working well for me
    and like you said that vfd does not have the hardware for rs485, the company just replied to me
    but the usb adapter did work very quickly for another vfd that i have
    thank you very much for your help

I got the drive for a 3k rpm motor for a lathe, so the VC is working well for me
    and like you said that vfd does not have the hardware for rs485, the company just replied to me
    but the usb adapter did work very quickly for another vfd that i have
    thank you very much for your help
    Yes the Vector drive will work well at for the low frequency Ac motors
    Mactec54

Yes the Vector drive will work well at for the low frequency Ac motors
    thank you very much for your effort in this great forum

I managed to let mach3 control the spindle via analog inputs
    but i have 2 issues

1. for some unknown reason the max hz i can sent to mach3 is 47.1hz, this should be 50hz, i have already set everything properly in mach and the vfd, so i am not sure why the max is 47.1hz, this makes the gcode input speed not matching the actual speed/hz

2. i cant manage to reverse the the spindle speed! i use m3 and m4 the spindle slows down, relay off, relay on, speed up back to same speed but in same direction

what does it take to signal the vfd to reverse? is the DIR pin used/have effect with pwm setup???

I managed to let mach3 control the spindle via analog inputs
    but i have 2 issues

1. for some unknown reason the max hz i can sent to mach3 is 47.1hz, this should be 50hz, i have already set everything properly in mach and the vfd, so i am not sure why the max is 47.1hz, this makes the gcode input speed not matching the actual speed/hz

2. i cant manage to reverse the the spindle speed! i use m3 and m4 the spindle slows down, relay off, relay on, speed up back to same speed but in same direction

what does it take to signal the vfd to reverse? is the DIR pin used/have effect with pwm setup???
    What kind of motor are you trying to reverse and what is the max RPM Hp Etc

You are not sending anything to Mach3, Mach3 is the control it is using outputs to change the direction and control the speed 0-5v or 0-10v Analog

47Hz being sent to Mach3 not sure what you are trying to do, Mach3 only uses a PWM output to control 0-10v Analog to control the speed need to see some photos of what you are connected too and what Parameters you have set in the VFD Drive and in Mach3 settings
    Mactec54

What kind of motor are you trying to reverse and what is the max RPM Hp Etc

You are not sending anything to Mach3, Mach3 is the control it is using outputs to change the direction and control the speed 0-5v or 0-10v Analog

47Hz being sent to Mach3 not sure what you are trying to do, Mach3 only uses a PWM output to control 0-10v Analog to control the speed need to see some photos of what you are connected too and what Parameters you have set in the VFD Drive and in Mach3 settings

the hz difference issue is not critical now, the reverse is
    i am using this bob here https://warp9td.com/images/BOB_Vendo...line/ST-V2.pdf
    it seems impossible to reverse using it as it uses only 1 relay
    so I was wondering what i can do to reverse by g code using this bob with least work
    a suggestion that i got is to replace the relay with another SPDT relay so it switches between reverse and FW, speed = 0 also equal stop, that is an option but i am not very happy with it
    perhaps add another relay but i am not sure how to wire it and use another unused pin
    the motor is an 1.5kw AC 3ph induction motor, at the moment everything works fine, on/off via mach3 relay, speed control via mach as well, only the reverse is via an external switch to the vfd block terminal X2+com