588,178 active members*
4,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Ebay# 3855421933, FRAUD DYNA MYTE MILL
Page 1 of 2 12

Ebay# 3855421933, FRAUD DYNA MYTE MILL

HI CNC ZONE,

I just like every one out their I was just TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS FOR $ 7100.00 for a fake DYNA MYTE 2800 CNC MILL. The thing of a person ( I am trying to keep the!?*&^%$£"! off so I don,t get banned),was very slick,and I missed a few good signs . EBAY sent me a notice after I ask about 'modeldrives' and said he or she was working outside of EBAY! He or she or was also trying to sell a UNIMATE bench lathe, so watch out!

We all like CNC machines, and I should had stuck to my usual way of buying machines, If I can put my hand on it, It should be a sure done deal!

DAVID PONTES
    [email protected]

Thanks for informing us.

That is awful, David.

I've noticed another scammer at Ebay lately: his modus operandi seems to be that he watches the bidder list on pricy items (in metalworking stuff), but he is not a participant in the bidding. He seems to pretend to be the seller, but sends a private email (official looking Ebay email forbidding outside transactions, no less), offering a second chance offer on the item that just sold (and I was maybe second highest bidder).

I have not taken up any offers, but just report the email to Ebay.

An legitimate "Second chance offer", BTW, is where the seller sets up a private "buy it now" and invites you to go to "bid" on it. This way, Ebay is legitimately on the hook for the buyer protection, if offered.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

HI,

Well,sonner or later they usualy get cought, some 10 years down the road, maybe tomorrow,sometimes the G-men are just sitting right outside their door,the bad guy just never knows!
    pontes===>>>>>

HU FLUNG DUNG

Sound like you know this guys MO,ANY ONE YOU KNOW?
    PONTES

No, he/they seem to have an inexhaustible supply of fake id's to get in with.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

[QUOTE=davidponte]HI CNC ZONE,

I just like every one out their I was just TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS FOR $ 7100.00 for a fake DYNA MYTE 2800 CNC MILL. The thing of a person ( I am trying to keep the!?*&^%$£"! off so I don,t get banned),was very slick,and I missed a few good signs . EBAY sent me a notice after I ask about 'modeldrives' and said he or she was working outside of EBAY! He or she or was also trying to sell a UNIMATE bench lathe, so watch out!

We all like CNC machines, and I should had stuck to my usual way of buying machines, If I can put my hand on it, It should be a sure done deal!

DAVID PONTES

Ok I'm just a bit confused is "modeldrives" the bad guy or someone else? I checked "modeldrives" and they have no bad feedbacks so it made me wonder if it was someone else
    Mark

Mark,
    That's the kind of scam I see, too. The scammer pretends to be a decent Ebayer, by signing his spoof emails as if he is the honorable member. However, he does not actually have use of the real member id or email.

Wow, that sucks big time. Just for clarity, I geusse you sent money to someone directly? And then you never recieved the merchandise? Was this "mill" actually listed as an ebay item? I'm unclear on exactly how you got ripped. Why didnt ebay back you up? I thought they were behind all the vendors that listed items for sale. Did you pay through paypal, or send money directly to them. Please clarify.
    Halfnutz

Man that does suck

As with all things buyer beware. I got caught in an E-bay scam a few years back and thankfully my credit card & bank backed me up for the funds.

I always make sure the transaction goes through some party that has a verified seller. No direct payment except for those small items that I could afford to get scammed on.

As much as people (Sellers who have got burned) dislike PayPal - in this case it would have saved you big time. Even if you were outside of Ebay - PayPal would have pulled the money back from his account.

Sucks...hopefully everything will work out for you.
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Ouch, that hurts. Are the police any help? I would think his network activity would be traceable. When you say outside of ebay, I'm not sure I understand. Was it a website other than ebay, that was made to look and feel like ebay?

Phil
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

Heck, I was scammed by a legit ebay seller....I sent the test indicator back because she had claimed it was new....she promised to send me a refund....followed up with numerous emails......even complained to ebay's square deal...or something like that....which is nearly useless unless you pay them a fee...and then it probably is still useless....they filed a complain with the seller and she didn't respond to them in 30 days.....

Wouldn't you just love to use their ass as a dart board. Sorry to hear that man. You must be smoking from the ears.

Hope they get nailed some day.
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

Sorry to hear that, David. Not sure how you paid but if it was credit card or Paypal you can get your money back.

It might be my violent nature (j/k), but society parasites like that guy really make my blood boil. They're incapable of surviving on their own so they have to steal from others.

JR

Nono Guest
    Ebay is not that safe I agree. I use several email acounts to help prevent fraud.. I recieved and Email from what looked to be paypal demanding that I update my account within 48 hours or my account would be suspended. Problem is whoever sent it to me sent it to the wrong email address not my paypal email address. The link took me to some place in south america. A Whois lookup told me that, so I sent it to paypal and they indeed verified that this was a fraudulent email. Paypal will ask you to login anytime they need anything from you @ paypal.com

Ebay#3855421933,fraud Dyna Myte 2800 Mill

Hi,

Thanks for all who have replied to my Ebay Fraud that happen last Nov 2004. I been told by the FBI that I did not lose a large enought amount of money for them to take interest! Our Govement at work! ($7,000.00)

(%$£"!***) You can guest what Means,I am trying to keep it clean for all the small fries that may read this.

Well, thanks for writting in, I think we should let this post die and chock it up to Lifes little tripps.

DAVID PONTES

Quote Originally Posted by davidponte
    Well, thanks for writting in, I think we should let this post die and chock it up to Lifes little tripps.

DAVID PONTES
    Jesus, I wish I could give up on $7,000 and just chalk it up as a loss!!

Do you know what state/county/town that the buyer was in? I didn't see if you ever answered this - but how did you pay this guy? I am guessing you did deal outside of Ebay, right?
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

If you ever find this guy, I think we should all put in to build a cnc wood lathe with a live spindle to turn up a baseball bat and cylindrically engrave CNC Zone on it, and go around and beat the *%^&$ out of them. LOL
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

Page 1 of 2 12