588,034 active members*
4,441 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3M start up procedure

ok so i just got a machine with a fanuc 3m control got it all wired up and powered on last night and it gives me alarm 101 not ready which i cant figure out how to clear is there a start up procedure or anything like that that i need to do to clear the alarm kinda of like a power up restart on a haas.
    also if anyone has or knows where i can get the manuals for this control that would be great perferrably in a pdf but beggars can't be choosers lol

I am not sure if it applies to the 3, but the 6 requires the correct phase rotation on hook up.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

alright ill take a look at it this morning im gettin ready to head down to the shop now last night when i hooked it up the wires werent labeled or colored except for the ground so i just hooked it up and was gonna check the spindle rotation ill trace them this morning and see if i can figure out what each one needs to be.
    thanks

if you don't have the manual of control there are an alarm description.

P/S alarm number 101.
    description. the power was turned off while rewriting the contents of the memory in the part program storage & editing operation. When this alarm is generated, you must turn on the power while pushing the [DELET] and [RESET] buttons to clear the memory.

i hope this solve your problem.

alright making a little bit of progress i think? checked the wiring everything is cool there. i just tried the power on with reset and delete and it got rid of the alarm but now at the bottom of the screen it just says not ready instead of alarm not ready how do i make it ready lol i wish i had a manual for this control it would make things much simpler.
    thanks for your help its greatly appriciated

you can depress the alarm button to see what alarm number appear in the red 2 digit display. check it

A "Not Ready" on this control usually means that you're in E-stop. Check the E-stop button (you twist to release it), then check to be sure none of the extreme overtravel switches are depressed or stuck. There may be other things wired up to the E-stop circuit, and any one of them can put you into E-stop.

If the E-stop circuit is OK, then the contactors on the back of the servos should try to kick in shortly after the control powers up. If they never try to kick in, it's probably still your E-stop circuit.

Hint: If your 24v power supply is not working, then you will be in E-stop all the time because you need to apply +24vdc to the E-stop input to release it. Look for the +5 and +24v terminals on the CNC power supply and see if they're OK.

Another issue can be the taps on the CNC's power supply transformer. Measure the AC voltage on the input side, and be sure the taps are set for that voltage, otherwise you won't have the right AC voltage to the power supply. The servos also have a large multi-tap 3-phase transformer to adjust so the servo amplifiers get the right 3-phase voltage. When you move a machine from one shop to another, you frequently have to adjust these transformers to match your shop's line voltage.