587,837 active members*
3,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Machine Tool Camp

Does anyone know of some more pictures of a completed MTC machine beside what pitifully few are on the MTC site?

Machine Tool Camp

Samualt,
    I've built the 4' x 8' version. What kind of pictures are you looking for?

Mike

MikeT:
    Egads! I'm building the same router!
    I'm going to try to use THK rails instead, and some slightly bigger motors which I already have (all different electricals). This week I will buy the Aluminum extrusion and fastner kits, and all the McMaster stuff, and the aluminum plate.

My main problem is that the plans don't show big detailed pictures of anything. It's hard to even tell how the X and Y axis works really. I get the overall idea just fine, but I'd like to see it.
    I think my motors may be a bit big also. Any pictures of how they mount would be great. Something showing the relationship to the other parts, clearance.
    Pictures of anything and everything! LOL.

Anything would be greatly appreciated !

P.S. Do you still use your MTC machine? Did you think it was pretty good? Anthing you would do different in construction?

Mike:

Post your pictures here is you would. I am interested in seeing them as well!

Paul
    Paul Riedlinger
    Let the chips fall where they may...I'm not going to clean them up!

Hi all,

Someone on ebay earlier this year had a router table listed that was built based on the MachineToolCamp design. After the sale, I contacted the buyer to find out his comments concerning it. I willl have to go search to see if I can find his reply .. but he indicated that if I had any more questions to feel free and ask.

I did save all the pics of the listing for future reference (a pic = 1k words). I am very interested in the various ways of motion and construction.

Since I don't have premission and don't hold the copyright to the pics I will leave it up to the admin to edit this post.

I'll include this one view for now and wait to see if it's ok to post the others.
    This is an overall pic. The others show more detail.

oops ... file too large, I'll repost it later.

hope this works ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails router1b.jpg  

First post of my machine.

I just got mine running this month.
    I have been watching this forum but this is my first post.

Sorry about the picture quality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails assembled 2.jpg  

MTC Pictures

Guys,
    I haven't forgotten you, I've been tied up. I didn't take any pictures during the build process, but I'll try to get some fairly detailed shots as it stands now. I'm hoping to get it done this week.

Later,
    Mike

Posted Pictures

I've posted pictures. If there are others that you would like let me know. I'm in the process of making some changes to the machine and would be able to take more detailed pictures of whatever you need.
    I'm attempting to rebuild the ganty to get the weight between the bearings instead of hanging off the front. I'm also trying to figure out how to get the table flat (it drops as much as .060 toward the middle).
    Any ideas on modifications to this otherwise great machine would be greatly appreciated.
    MikeT

Wouldn’t the gantry dip with the table? Thus having a net zero change?
    If your stock flexes your fine.

If you mean the gantry gets higher from the surface in the center of the table, then your table isn’t flexing, your rails need to be adjusted relative to the table. Some rails are made with a slight intentional bow so they can be flush mounted against a datum. Try loosing the center mounting screws and run the gantry back an forth till you are level, then retighten.
    Tim
    TT

Mike T,
    I see in (Post #9) it says "Posted Pictures". I would like to look at your design but cannot find the pictures. Guess I don't know where to look. Could you help me out?
    Thanks
    Hager

Looking for MTC pictures

You'll find the pictures a few threads down under the subject name MTC pictures.
    MikeT