587,999 active members*
2,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Post Processor for Mastercam and Tormach

Smile Post Processor for Mastercam and Tormach

Hi there-

Can anyone recommend a post processor file for use with the tormach?

Thanks!
    Matt

Have you checked with Mastercam to see if they already have one yet?

Mike

Matt,

See this thread on one of the Mach forums:

http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum...p?topic=1306.0

Someone there has a MasterCAM post, though it is probably for Mach3.

Mike

Mastercam post

Hi Matt
    This is my first post so please bare with me! I am using Mastercam X to program for the Tormach. I use the generic FANUC 3X MILL that comes with Mastercam. It works well however I have to manually edit the H code offset and enter the tool number. I suspect this small problem is due to an operator malfunction rather than a post error. Hope this helps.

Dave.

Fanuc H fix

You can make the post file put the H tool number in by putting the number in the tool selection parameters window. Make sure the head number (#0) is the same for all tools.

Tormach has posted a MCX 10 post for Mach3 from a generic Fanuc 3-axis mill. I can't get it to write a post file.

Has anyone run into the same problem?

HK

Quote Originally Posted by lentzie View Post
    Hi Matt
    This is my first post so please bare with me! I am using Mastercam X to program for the Tormach. I use the generic FANUC 3X MILL that comes with Mastercam. It works well however I have to manually edit the H code offset and enter the tool number. I suspect this small problem is due to an operator malfunction rather than a post error. Hope this helps.

Dave.
    There is a MasteCam X post for download on the Tormach website, I had to just cut and past the text to notepad.

Tormach
    Live free or die

I just got a Tormach PCNC 770. I use the Mastercam post processor from the Tormach website. It works well for most parts. Some parts with certail geometry, it cuts trough the part where it is not supposed to. Does anyone one have a mastercam x2 post that works on a Tormach that works well?

Quote Originally Posted by rhkratz View Post
    I just got a Tormach PCNC 770. I use the Mastercam post processor from the Tormach website. It works well for most parts. Some parts with certail geometry, it cuts trough the part where it is not supposed to. Does anyone one have a mastercam x2 post that works on a Tormach that works well?
    If that is a post from Tormach and it does not work have you sent it to Tormach? Might help them resolve the problem for others that may need it.

At a first quick read that does not sound like a problem with the post but a problem with how you are setting up the options for retracting in the operation.
    What types of operations does it happen on?

It was indeed a problem with the post. I used the mpfan.pst included in the Mastercam X2 and have not had any problems since. I will try to contact Tormach so this can be avoided by other customers.
    RyanK