586,946 active members*
2,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Torus Pro As A "Production" Machine

Hybrid View

Great mini collet holder in the receiver!!

What plastic did you use?

Many more tools in a given disk diameter, due to only needing to be same size as flange.
    Beats the hell out of trying to hold by the flanged part, or even needing consistent shapes of flange, like grooves, etc.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Great mini collet holder in the receiver!!

What plastic did you use?

Many more tools in a given disk diameter, due to only needing to be same size as flange.
    Beats the hell out of trying to hold by the flanged part, or even needing consistent shapes of flange, like grooves, etc.
    Neil,

That collet is basically a "placeholder" made of UHMW. WAY too slippery for this application, it's what I had on-hand.

But, I decided while I really like the concept, the collets will be too difficult for me to fabricate. I've already designed a new, simpler mechanism, which is trivial to fabricate. Still fits easily within the same form factor. And, it's positive locking, not dependent on friction, so it's better overall. Might get one made later today. Right now, gotta jump in the toy car ('64 Jag E-Type roadster), and do my part for Global Warming by creating some Greenhouse gasses....

Regards,
    Ray L.