587,125 active members*
2,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Update: Have managed to fix one of the errors.. still got one more.. anyone?

Update: Have managed to fix one of the errors.. still got one more.. anyone?

I have managed to fix the "490 Tools Position Check" error. I can't tell exactly what fixed it, but the codes I did put in was "T504M7" for the tool that was in the spindle at the time the error came.

Anyways, even though I had already tried that a million times, it fixed the error.

The only other one we're having is the drilling head, and it will not retract certain bits at different times. Like I said it's totally random to what bit it will not retract. Which makes its so hard to figure out because we can't get one bit to focus on.

At times I may issue the M111 code to retract all bits, and it may work, but leave 1,2, or 3 of 5 bits down. Yet it may leave all bits down and 30 seconds later it will retract them.

One thing that has worked is; on top of the drill head there is black plug like blocks, 1 per bit, and the top of the block has a breather screw on cap. If there is a bit that is stuck, we take of the cap, and put our finger over the hole for a second. You can then hear a little air suction and it will retract the bits.

I don't know anything about your machine so this may be worth nothing but;
    * It sounds like a hardware problem not software.
    * Intermittent problems like this are often caused by loose electrical connections.
    * From your description, I get the idea that the retract may be air operated with solenoid valves. Solenoid valves need CLEAN air at the correct pressure, if you have them check their pressure rating vs the actual pressure. You might have to disassemble the valves, clean and lubricate them.

Drill bit problem

Yes Den-Den, you are right. They're air operated, we have checked for leakes and didn't find any. Those valves I speak off with the caps, I'm assuming those are the solenoid valves. There is a total of 17. We have stripped the drill head down, we didn't clean each of the valves, but I'm thinking it something we should do.

The valves have caps on the top which screw on and act as breathers... a couple of weeks ago one of those caps popped off and is missing. It may of got some dirt down in it after. Right now we have used the red green trick. (duct tape) over the top. But I don't think it's allowing the breathing to work right.

Any other ideas??

Thx