586,392 active members*
2,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!
Page 10 of 19 89101112

Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Chris,

Sorry I mispelled your name in several posts.

See attached link for a partial list of working motherboards:

LinuxCNC Documentation Wiki: Latency-Test

Jeff...
    I was told that is not as important when using mesa cards because the motor control is handled on the cards processor. Is that not correct?

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Double Post
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Chris,

I am not at all well versed in Pathpilot or LinuxCNC so I can't answer your question however I also read somewhere that it is not as important when using a mesa card because motor control is handled by the Mesa processor.

I am just nervous about making a motherboard purchase without being sure of its compatibility.

Please ask your Pathpilot Guru to confirm and let us know.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

We do similar I recommend securing the pci card nice job

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    I was told that is not as important when using mesa cards because the motor control is handled on the cards processor. Is that not correct?

That is correct. Mesa cards are hardware motion generation cards. The smoothstepper is the Mach3 equivalent.

Mach3 is susceptible to latency issues just the same. LinuxCNC is more upfront about the issue.
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Ok, some progress. Finally mounted in the cabinet, vibration isolated by two layers of isolator mounts... I have tried making vibration at the tBle and the head to see of I could feel it in the components and am happy to report I cannot feel anything transfered to the motherboard, SSD, 7i77 or power supplies.. calling it good! Lol. Mich happier with the end result then the previous version!! Thanks ks for the tips guys!

Chris

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sweet as! The OCD in me is uncomfortable with the channel covers that don't line up, but I know that's just me being a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    Sweet as! The OCD in me is uncomfortable with the channel covers that don't line up, but I know that's just me being a jerk
    Really......? Come on man!! Bahaha...

I am sure it will be fine... Doubt it will effect anything so I'm rolling on to the next set of tasks that need tackling.

To me (and I'm the first to admit it makes no difference to most people), it doesn't matter if it's going to get closed up and never seen again. Little details like covers mating square and clean are the difference between a functioning piece of equipment and a work of art that I'd be proud to put my name on. I'm also a lazy b4stard with a "to do" list a million miles long. So I know that, if I left a tidy up like that as a job to come back to after I got the machine actually up and running, it'd never happen.

And I know, if I were in your shoes, I'd be itching to get that pile of dead metal up and ready for Igor to "throw the switch" as soon as I could - and the pretty bits could go hang!

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post

To me (and I'm the first to admit it makes no difference to most people), it doesn't matter if it's going to get closed up and never seen again. Little details like covers mating square and clean are the difference between a functioning piece of equipment and a work of art that I'd be proud to put my name on. I'm also a lazy b4stard with a "to do" list a million miles long. So I know that, if I left a tidy up like that as a job to come back to after I got the machine actually up and running, it'd never happen.

And I know, if I were in your shoes, I'd be itching to get that pile of dead metal up and ready for Igor to "throw the switch" as soon as I could - and the pretty bits could go hang!
    A wise man picks his battles.. and a plastic cover being slightly off square inside a cabinet is getting pretty tedious... But thanks for pointing it out.. it's fine for me, I look forward to seeing your "work of art" though you are proud to out your name on. I'll save my energy for items that actually matter on the machine such as leveling, final adjustments, noise suppression, and everything else that actually helps to make quality parts. I think you are getting a bit too deep and if I took that approach I would spend way more money and take way too long.

This machine needs to earn it's keep, I bought it for business, not for hobby use. Of things like that bother you, I wonder if you would ever use your machine and get it dirty?

Anyway. Thanks again for your critical eye. I look forward to seeing your build!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    ... I look forward to seeing your "work of art" though you are proud to out your name on...
    It'll never happen coz I'm too busy faffing around chasing cover alignments! :drowning: Seriously, like I said, me being an OCD jerk. And you're absolutely right to be focussing your time/energy on stuff that makes it work rather than cosmetic bullsh1t.

Keep up the solid work Chris, I'm enjoying watching the beast come together and can't wait to see it up and running. :banana:

Just wanted to thank you Chris again for the thorough walk through. Interesting and engaging build

Quote Originally Posted by Capstone View Post
    Just wanted to thank you Chris again for the thorough walk through. Interesting and engaging build
    No problem! Figured it would be helpful to this who had been considering it!

Chris

I think it's going to pop off if your happy with it, they should give you your second one for free!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tbev View Post
    I think it's going to pop off if your happy with it, they should give you your second one for free!

I have been speaking to them about offering a slant bed lathe... That will be my next purchase I think.. Hopefully if this does catch on they take the advice and make an affordable midsized slant..

That would be way cool

hi there, I'm following up this thread like a laser and I must say: Lcvette I'm scratching myself to the bone waiting for developments!!!!! ehehehhehehe

keep the great work!

Hey Chris, You make any chips yet ? What are the rapid speeds on this thing?

Hello Chris,

what is your supplier contact for this machine?

Any updates on this? It's been an interesting project so far.

Page 10 of 19 89101112