587,887 active members*
3,335 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Reference for Engraving Techniques

Reference for Engraving Techniques

Good Aftenoon, artist, enginners, doctors, nurses, machinist, mechanics, and most every other profession one can name!!! In the past year, I've learned that cnc is like a mosquito. It doesn't care who it bites.
    With that said, I'm looking for reference material on how to engrave. I have a benchtop cnc vertical mill and want to use it to make parts for motorcycles and engrave them. I've seen other designs where objects are fabricated, engraved and the engraving painted to make it stand out. The objects are then polished and the resulting part is really a work of art.
    Does anyone know where I should start. Any reference material will be useful. I'm going down for a hip replacement next week so I'll have lotz of time to spend perfecting my technique.
    Funny but true story. I knew I had the CNC bug bad when I caught myself sitting on an xray table, in pain and wondering if there is a lead screw or ball screw inside the thing. Wow, too much CNC.
    Thanks in advance.
    Bill
    :wave:
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

the first thing you need to learn is cad/cam once you learn how to write G-code you wil be able to handle ingraving. As you say your going to have time on your hands so download as many demo software as you can find. then you will be able to find the one you like