587,262 active members*
3,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Arrow 500 Drive Fault Error

Arrow 500 Drive Fault Error

Hi guys, ive been browsing this forum for some time now, there are so many helpful topics.

Finally joined up because we have run into a problem with our Arrow 500 machining center.

While running a program or even while its sitting still in MPG mode it will come up with an emergency stop and a "X Axis Drive Fault"....it happens at random and I have no idea what the cause is, Im only 2 years or so into programming & running our 2 machining centers and am stuffed as to whats wrong.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Dale

PS: Its error # 9179.

The error description in the manual is as follows.
    "The status signal from the drive indicates a drive problem. Check the indicators on the drive for over current, over temperature etc"

When it says "status signal on the drive", ive watched the drive while its running untill its come up with this error and no status signals have shown any problems.

Its a Fanuc control.

Dale

Dale

Is this a 850 or 2100 control?

The "Status signal" is a input to the controller, I do not believe there is any indicator on the drive. I would check out your x axis motor. They are prone to getting coolant inside of them and causing this type of problem. Also the motor cables (power and feedback) can be a issue.

Rick

Swap the drives between X and Y axis and see if the problem follows the drive.

Joe

The drives are Control Techniques, they actually do have status led's on the the front of them, for o'temp etc, they're all fine untill the error occurs then nothing is displayed on them because the emergency stop shuts them down.

Its sunday here in Aus so tomorrow when i go in ill try and swap the drives and see if the problem follows (Good thinking!)

Any tips on how to swap the drives? Im sure ill figure it out once i tinker about but ive never done it before.

Thanks guys.

Dale

I was wrong, its not a Fanuc control.
    Its a CT control (Control Techniques)

Pretty good odds that it is the drive. I have had four die in the past 8 years.