587,693 active members*
3,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

schematic software

does the collective wisdom have any suggestions for good schematic drawing software?

I'll take: "I like this because it was free" or "It cost $___ but was worth the investment" with prerence on the former.

Owen

I use CadSoft Eagle schematic & pcb software http://www.cadsoft.de/ For small board, it's free. Can use 'script' to generate GCode for isolation milling after PCB is done.
    Stupid questions make me smarter...
    See how smart I've become at www.9w2bsr.com ;-P

I totally agree with abasir for Cadsoft Eagle. Useful, not difficult to use, good libs and routing capabilities and a freeware version to try.

/U

I've been using the free version of Cadsofts eagle for a couple of years. For small boards it's great. I just wish they had a version that would allow bigger boards and schematics at a reasonable cost. As a hobbiest, buying the full blow version I can't justify. I just did a 3977 driver board and a friend a control board and the auto router was perfect.

I just wanted to mention that I have been using Cadsoft Eagle and I think its really good.

My project requires that I lay out the circuit and then I want to build it using wirewrap. This should be pretty easy with Eagle's capability of exporting networks. I plan to export the network to a file, write a program that converts the pins to locations on my wirewrap board, and then just start wrappin'. Should work quite nicely.

I'm quite happy.

Owen