588,616 active members*
4,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Buying on Ebay

I don,t get it. I started watching auctions on ebay of mini mills and mini lathes( hopin to score a good deal). Most of these end up selling for about $40 to $60 cheaper than if ya bought new from Harbor Frieght or Cummins. I mean these machines are used , need repairs and you really don,t know what your getting. Now maybe if I was saving a $100 that would be worth it, but for $60 more I rather buy it new. I just don,t get it why people are tryin to save that little bit when it is not worth it.

some people just have no clue , i cant beleave the price the cnc taigs go for on there at times , plus 50 buck for shipping +2.00 for tape + 3.00 for stuffing + 30.00 for the box+10.00 for the spit it takes to lick the stamp ,
    mind you there are some good deals on there at times , if a guy is always on it

I know, I was looking at a mini mill, it needed a fine feed assembly($89 at little machine shop) its selling at more than $380(currently) and probably more when the auction ends and the guy wants $120 shipping. At Cummins its $399 brand new plus $95 shipping

a key with ebay is finding mis spelled headers , like when i look for a stepper motor ,i punch step motor stepping motor then i try the more obvious spelling errors , it s surprising how often i will come across something this way , or like the other day i got a large nema34 vexta motor for 99 cents because vexta was the onlything in the header
    shipping was 15 bucks but a sweet deal in the end

Yeah I,m keeping my eyes open but at the same time I just found out that Harbor Freight is opening a store here in Daytona in May so now I,m think I,m not in a rush to buy anything just yet

Take a copy of the Cummins ad for $399 into Harbor Freight. They will price match and HF mini's have an R8 collet.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

Kool ,will do