587,434 active members*
3,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > problem Bobcad V23 post manager

problem Bobcad V23 post manager

Hello
    I'm from Brazil, and am having great difficulty in generating the code or code Nc g, because when I clicked on the tree milling tools with the right mouse button, then click on post, he should generate the code, and does not appear anything in the field post manager, is not being generated because the code of the machine, said developing a specific post for my machine, I've done several downloads from other post, and I think the problem should not be in the post, but something in the program, or I will not forget anything.
    If I make a simple design, select a basis for the play, when I click verify, it shows the path that the design will go, works perfect, only when I click post, he creates?
    Someone could help me, already called for the bobcad, I spoke with Noel, Javier, Dan Netto, and so far not found a solution, because it is difficult to talk with them, because I'm from Brazil.
    If someone can help me I am grateful, because 60 days is going to do that I am with this problem.
    att:
    Paulo Ricardo

If there is no code when you choose post try using post and save then save the file , if your code appears let me know.

Very first thing to check is that the post is actually installed.

When Bobcad is installed it defaults to a post that is not even installed. If you attempt to select a new one you will see the list of installed posts. Go to Bobcads web sight and download one that works for you.

http://www.bobcadsupport.com/support_bobcad.php

Here is the direct link to V23 mill posts

http://www.bobcadsupport.com/posts/i...dsupport/posts

Have you checked the NC File Path setting??

If not go to your CAM Tree and follow this.

Open CAM Part > Right click "Milling Tools" > Left click "Current Settings" > Left click "Machine" and then look at the "window" under "NC File Path".

If your Computer Hard Drive has the letter "C" assigned then it should show C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\NC\Mill\

If your drive letter is "C" and the above is not correct then use the "Select" button to set the correct path.

The same applies if you have a different letter assigned to your hard drive as BobCAD usually defaults to "C" drive.

Hope that was clear and of some help to you.

Regards
    Rob

Hi Rob;

I had the same problem that the Brazilian fellow, Your post solved the problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post

Open CAM Part > Right click "Milling Tools" > Left click "Current Settings" > Left click "Machine" and then look at the "window" under "NC File Path".

If your Computer Hard Drive has the letter "C" assigned then it should show C:Program FilesBobCAD-CAMBobCAD-CAM V23NCMill

If your drive letter is "C" and the above is not correct then use the "Select" button to set the correct path.

The same applies if you have a different letter assigned to your hard drive as BobCAD usually defaults to "C" drive.

Regards
    Rob

Thank you for your help, my problem was resolved.
    Was to make POST AND SAVE AS to occur the correct way.
    thanks for attention.
    abraços

Quote Originally Posted by paulorockmacedo View Post
    Thank you for your help, my problem was resolved.
    Was to make POST AND SAVE AS to occur the correct way.
    thanks for attention.
    abraços
    Hi, if you have to use POST AND SAVE AS to generate the code then it is the NC File path that needs to be reset.

If you do the reset in my other post then you can use POST to generate the code as normal, this is correct system.

Regards
    Rob

Didn't Work

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post

If your Computer Hard Drive has the letter "C" assigned then it should show C:Program FilesBobCAD-CAMBobCAD-CAM V23NCMill

Regards
    Rob

I'm having the exact same problem as the initial poster. (I have a separate thread about it.) I tied your suggestion and nothing happened. I still can not see the G-Codes.

Bill