587,383 active members*
3,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: New Tormach

New Tormach

My new Tormach arrived today. I would to say thanks to the team at Tormach for their help and prompt service. Saturday looks like a fun day out in the shop.

woo hoo good luck sleeping untill them
    Live free or die

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn1 View Post
    My new Tormach arrived today. I would to say thanks to the team at Tormach for their help and prompt service. Saturday looks like a fun day out in the shop.
    Congrats on your purchase...enjoy the trip. Ours has been a great addition to our shop. It sure makes enforcement of MIL-TFD-41 a lot easier now that we don't use outside cnc shops!

Thanks guys,
    Its been an exciting week so-far, almost have the mill together(I have to still go to my day job). I will post a few pictures when completed. I have been very happy with all the stuff I ordered from Tormach.

Getting closer, next step electricity
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pcnc 001.jpg  

Yeah, that's a good idea. My Tormach runs a lot better with electricity. :rainfro:

I've got an older machine with the keyboard shelf on the left of the column. I like the way yours looks with the keyboard and monitor way away from the "action." I may need to drill the holes in my electrical cabinet and re-mount the arm there. Is there much flex in the keyboard shelf with it mounted on sheet metal rather than the beefy column casting?

Hey, what's that radial-engine-looking thing at the top center of the picture?

Randy

There was four mounting holes with large backing plates on the inside of the cabinet, so I thought it would work to mount the arm on that side of the machine. I agree it moves the screen/keyboard a little more out of the way.

Good eyes, that is a resin casting of a radial-engine, its for this P-47 I have been working on. This plane has a 92inch wing span. I hope that my tormach will help with building these airplanes, we'll see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ziroli 080.jpg  

Glenn, that's a beautiful razorback. Early D model or something different?

Inspired by your machine picture, I did drill holes in my electronics cabinet and mount the monitor arm on the right side. I will mount a toolrack on the left side of the column. Haven't decided whether to buy the Tormach arm or build one of my own...

Best regards,

Randy

Thank-you zephyr9900
    yes P-47D-4-RA actually I am trying to model Neil Kearby's, "Fiery Ginger IV" I hope to have it done next year.

I plan to make my tool tray using the column mount.