587,770 active members*
3,084 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DynaMyte 3000 cnc lathe

I just bought a used Dyna DynaMyte DM3000 cnc lathe. I should have it in 4-6 weeks. It has Mach 3 and a 6 station tool holder. It's a sight unseen gamble. I was told that the machine was not used that much as it was in an R&D building at a college. It has a new board cooled by a fan.

I've never used a cnc lathe or one this small. Is this a difficult machine to learn to operate? Other than its size, what are its limitations? Does it have any annoying problems? Does it do somethings better than average? Does anyone know when they started to make them or how much they cost? The Dyna website doesn't seem to have much of anything that I could find.

Thanks,

Cliff.

Cliff,
    I have two of the 3000H. I haven't run mine yet. Is yours from KY Louisville. I remember one on E-Bay from there. I hear they are good lathes. Both of mine look capable. I am not familar with Mach3. CNC isn't really hard to learn. Its more like Simon Says and connect the dots put together. I think the Dynamyte Lathes are probably the better table top lathes out there. A few others that might compare are the Rhino 8 and the South Bend Magna turn.
    Tom

I've been retrofitting a DynaMyte 4400C vertical mill with Mach3 (see thread link in my sig), they seem pretty good machines. I've been looking for a DM3000 but never found one, unfortunately.

Good to see that others are interested in this machine. I posted some old brochures from Dyna that I had laying around. They are also in the thread below.

Chris.
    List of parts sources for CNC builders - http://www.CNCsources.net
    Dyna Mechtronics 4400C Conversion - CNC bed mill w/toolchanger to Mach3 conversion - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50787

My DM 3000 came out of a college in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Well, it's still up in Ann Arbor as I don't have it yet. In all fairness I don't expect him to ship it until next week as he just got my last payment.

I haven't been able to find a forum for the DynaMechtronic machines, so I've started one here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DynaMyte-CNCLathes

If you already haven't done to, please take the time to join. That way we can all come together a wee bit easier to share our "knowledge"...