587,833 active members*
3,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Digital Phase Converters

Digital Phase Converters

What do you guys think about these? www.phaseperfect.com

I've got a DC-10. Hook up the incoming power, route the outgoing 3 phase to a distribution panel, and you're set. It doesn't care what you switch on/off downstream, it just sits there churning out clean well-balanced (always exactly equal or within 1 V when I've measured between the legs) three phase power.

I did have mine fail on me. PhaseTech sent a replacement board for me to swap out, but when that didn't resolve the issue the unit had to be sent back (at my expense, but they paid for the freight back to me) to do something to the guts of the machine. But they stood behind the product. I don't know if they have dealers since I bought mine direct, but if you could buy from a local dealer and avoid the (probably unlikely) need to ship something back that has to go by freight instead of UPS, it might be worth doing.

It is not an inexpensive way to go, but I have yet to hear of anyone with a PP who isn't happy with it.

You will get a bit of very high-pitched whine from it, which I guess is from the pulse-width modulation circuitry. But I normally wear earmuffs in the shop anyway. Putting the PP in a remote closet (ventilated) would take care of that.

I'd do it again.

cheers,
    Michael