586,745 active members*
5,994 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Nema 23 motor comparison

Yes lots of good kit in US is pretty inaccessible, even most firms won't ship outside US/Canada. Maybe this will change with whatever trade deals are put together but I think it's mainly about jurisdiction and not being able to chase up dishonest customers abroad.

Thanks for the link, odd that their doc does not seem to state the inductance !

Inductance is what kills top speed, if you look at the "square" pulses you are feeding the motor they quickly get deformed beyond recognition and the current delivered to the motor windings drops so low you have very little torque.

I found some chinese NEMA24 from Wantai, which had pretty good inductance and work quite well. You need to pick the right model if you want low impedance.

Re: Nema 23 motor comparison

Quote Originally Posted by reg.miller View Post
    Yes lots of good kit in US is pretty inaccessible, even most firms won't ship outside US/Canada. Maybe this will change with whatever trade deals are put together but I think it's mainly about jurisdiction and not being able to chase up dishonest customers abroad.

Thanks for the link, odd that their doc does not seem to state the inductance !

Inductance is what kills top speed, if you look at the "square" pulses you are feeding the motor they quickly get deformed beyond recognition and the current delivered to the motor windings drops so low you have very little torque.

I found some chinese NEMA24 from Wantai, which had pretty good inductance and work quite well. You need to pick the right model if you want low impedance.
    I have Wantai WT57STH115 on a Sieg. 425oz, 4.2A, 3.8mh.
    Crappy on 36V, great on 60V. Wantai aren't a bad motor tbf.
    I wanted the 57BYGH115-007 with the ind of 2.3mh initially but could not get them at all.

My 566oz 60BYG401-03 (8 lead parallel wired) ones are on my 25LV.

If I lived in the U.S. I'd only go to Automation Tech.