587,238 active members*
3,789 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: salecnc.com

salecnc.com

Hello Everyone,

I am from India. I intent to buy a high frequency spindle (ER 20, 2.2 Kw, 24000 RPM) from Hongkong based salecnc.com, since they are very cost effective. The advertisement of salecnc.com can be seen on this very forum.

But I am concern of ingenuity of the company and quality of the product. They claim they are the manufacturer and the product is of very high quality. But upon my request of of letting me visit their manufacturing facility, they said they are based in military base and base does not allow entry to outside people.

I request all the people, who know about this company or has done dealing with it, to share their opinion on this.

Thanks.

don't know them. their site looks good. their spindle motors sound too cheap! dont know how much price they sell drive for but if you want quote on USA made high speed spindle drive you might get price price SPINDEL - Specialized Industrial Electronics for comparison.

I also have been curious about salecnc, their prices are low and the machine looks decently solid for the price. I have been speaking with Jimmy and for the past 2 months been drilling him with questions about their XJ6090 and possible modifications for my needs... they were very friendly and were able to accommodate all my requests, so I purchased one!
    It is supposed to arrive in less than 30 days from now and is modified to include:
    5" Z-axis
    2.2kw water-cooled spindle for cutting aluminum
    4th-axis rotary attachment (lathe)

You can follow along here:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...tml#post887255

Re: Considering Purchase of SaleCNC Units from H.K?

Hi! Indian Virus,

I note that your posting about SaleCNC in Honk Kong and your not being able to visit their "Factory" as it was on Military Base. Did you end up purchasing a Unit from them? If so, what is the quality & service like on the product? The prices shown on their website, specially the one's now with the large discounts, seem almost to good to be true, and we all know the old adage about that! The units look great, and the 24K spindles are impressive.. The resolution @ .01mm is certainly not as good as some, but at this low price what do you expect.

If there is anyone out the that can give me an idea as to the above, going by their dealings with this Company & Equipment, I would greatly appreciate a response

I believe I found why their resolution is so low... it's not the lead screws or nut quality... it's the rigidity of the top gantry not being reinforced!
    I plan to weld a bar across to make it much more stable.

Otherwise I set all my tolerances to .0001 and am getting excellent results.
    I did a test to see how accurately it would cut a hole down to .00001, I had to slow the feed rate down greatly, but it produced what appears to be absolutely perfect results!
    I tested again by creating a plug for the hole and double checking with a micrometer, its so perfect that if you get the plug in the hole... the suction generated from trying to remove it makes it near impossible... when it does come out, it makes a loud popping noise from the air pressure difference.
    I plan to cut very fine PCB boards soon.

Also, I dont think they are made on a military base (I could be wrong)... I believe they are made by a company called 'Guangdong motion control'. Most likely they just didnt want you cutting them out as the middle man.
    SaleCNC did such a terrible job that it's obvious that they did not make the machine. SaleCNC included the wrong wrenches, wrong T-slot bolts, sent one rusty collet extra, had no knowledge of export rules and even provided incorrect data about the step pulses! They are re-branding the machine as their own. I've noticed the company "J-Cut" has machines that look a little bit too identical to salecnc, im pretty sure they both are reselling the exact same machines, but re-branded with their name.

For the machine itself, excellent deal... just watch out for the other stuff, especially freight shipping and customs laws. You will also need to buy a new ER20 collet set. The power cable salecnc shipped with the machine, was so underrated that if I had actually plugged it in, the cable would have melted and caught on fire (I've had that happen before).
    Otherwise, I have to say for the price... you cannot beat their deals. I would order again

Dear Stump,

No, I did not buy anything from salecnc, since I was too skeptical about them. I was then in contact with J cut ppl. They seem to be far better than salecnc, though not as cheap, but they gave all the technical details I wanted. My main interest is high frequency integrated spindles. I read elsewhere on this forum that such cheap spindles have crap bearings, so I didn't want my hard earned money to go down the drain.

@Viroy, congratulations mate on your purchase. Do update us on your overall experience about the product.

Regards.

I purchased the 2.2kw water cooled spindle and am absolutely thrilled!
    It is amazingly quiet, sounds more like a small house fan than a 2200watt drill rotating 400 times per second.
    I have absolutely no complaints at all, last week it was over 100 degrees here and I was cutting for 4 hours straight... It stayed so cool throughout the milling process that it was sweating like a cold beer can!
    The housing is stainless steel, very smooth. Cuts 6061 aluminum like it was wood.
    Uses ER20 collets which are easy to find along with endmills. I purchased a precision collet set with better accuracy than what was sent from the manufacturer.

Here is the one I have:
    SALE CNC Router Milling, CNC Laser, CNC plasma machine, China, Servo Motor Drive, UK, USA, Italy, Spain, Thailand

Dear Viroy,

It's good to know that you have got yourself a good product. Could you provide details like which and how many bearings are there in the spindle? Also what is the warranty they provide on these spindles?

Thanks and regards.

I asked before the sale what kind of warranty comes with, they said 1-year for parts.
    How do I tell how many bearing are in there, and what would that mean?
    I am not willing to disassemble the spindle to find out though.

I've been cutting alot of 6061 aluminum lately.
    I broke a 3mm bit trying to achieve the manufacturers SFM rating of 800, I believe they are way overrated.
    I am having much better results with 400-500 SFM.
    At 800 it was cutting great, sounded a bit stressed but the cutting surface was beautiful and chips were a nice size... but the stress proved to be too much on a facemill operation where cutting width was 100% of tool-width for the entry cut.
    At about 450SFM I get the same nice finish, but a little more burring on edges... I added a profile operation after each pocket operation to de-burr the edges, works better than expected!

Here are some pics of my latest parts, each little square is 17.5mm wide(XY) by 11mm tall(Z).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Hey I meant if you asked them details about bearings. I did ask Jcut people about bearings and they provided all the details. Nos. and type of bearings at both end etc.

I honestly have no idea, but you can always email Jimmy... he is who will respond to the salecnc email address.
    Just curious, why is this an important issue for you? I dont know much about spindle bearings... although I think it works more off of electromagnetism to spin, if you look at replacement tool holders, they have that cone. So the only actual bearings would be in the tool holder itself, not in the spindle as there are no mechanical connections between the two.