587,228 active members*
6,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Power damage the MPC6515 laser motion controller

Quote Originally Posted by 52 Degrees
    Hello,
    I have a laser cutter using the mpc6515 leetro board. The machine was running a job and just stopped half way. When I turned it back on the screen just said 'system starting please wait' and was stuck there.
    I thought if I reinstalled the firmware using the memory stick it would work again, however after doing this, turning it off and then on again there were no lights on the main board at all and the LCD no longer turned on.

Do think im going to need a new mpc6515 board and a new PAD03-e panel or do I just need a different firmware to install? or is it just the TOSHIBA ULN2803APG chips that need replacing?

Thanks
    I would think that your MPC6515 control board is damaged. The biggest indicator is that the operator panel was working, but the system did not start. The operator panel gets its power from the MPC6515 board. With power, the PAD03 panel will initialize and wait for the MPC6515 to start communicating. If no communications, then the PAD03 will just sit there waiting for the system to start.

A communications problem cannot be solved by replacing the ULN2803 chip. The 2803 chip is used on the MPC6515 to allow higher current devices such as the sensors, relays, lights, and other machine interfaces.

The fact that all the power is off indicates a deeper problem. I would first check the incoming voltage at the MPC6515 board. The input voltage should be 24VDC. If the controller board is getting the 24VDC, but isn't lighting up.... It is BAD.

At this point, you can't diagnose if the PAD03 operator panel is good or not.

Ray Scott
    Owner / Engineer
    Rabbit Laser USA

The LCD is on and still says 'system starting please wait, the voltage on the board is 24v and the top main board has flashing leds but the board behind does not light up at all, although the computer still recognises the mpc6515 in device settings when the usb cable is plugged in.

Press the "stop" on panel to see ,whether the system can start, if not ,then seems the 6515 card something wrong

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by 52 Degrees View Post
    The LCD is on and still says 'system starting please wait, the voltage on the board is 24v and the top main board has flashing leds but the board behind does not light up at all, although the computer still recognises the mpc6515 in device settings when the usb cable is plugged in.
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried this but still nothing.
    The company I bought the machine from said they now do not use the MPC6515 and have asked me if I want to buy the new 'LEISAI system' for $250 which I am tempted to do but have not heard much about this board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_雷信系统.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	200034

this is new control system, copy of laser cut ,but still suggest the 6515, you can send back, they fix for you if your machine is under warranty

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by 52 Degrees View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I have tried this but still nothing.
    The company I bought the machine from said they now do not use the MPC6515 and have asked me if I want to buy the new 'LEISAI system' for $250 which I am tempted to do but have not heard much about this board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_雷信系统.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	200034
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]