587,334 active members*
3,845 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > New purchase Tree Journeyman 310

New purchase Tree Journeyman 310

Just bought tree 310, never used a CNC before. I heard there is a good machinist magazine at a major bookstore. Can't remember the title or store.
    Also 3hp 3 phase. Wondering what rotary phase converter to buy, and size? Will a 5hp do the job or 7.5hp?

Excellent machine ! They had some control problems, but the iron is as good as it gets..A 5hp phase converter will work, but caution..caution..The "manufactured" leg should not be involved with the control..you might PM "Al the man", as he really understands the murkey world of phase converters and CNC.

Every control is different, not many books written on that control, if any. You might solicit a tutor who has experiance with the control you have .Will save you a lot of time and frustration, and maybe prevent crashes and accidents.
    ( Talking from experiance,tried to gut one out, cost a lot of time and bad parts,tutor solved most of my problems in 2 , 8 hr sessions)

Adobe (old as dirt )

Great Machine

That is an unbelievable machine. I ran one for years. It is what I started on and would recommend to any body getting started in CNC.

What Control you got, Delta 10, 20, 30, or 40? We have three similar machines with the Dynapath control. A very powerful control, but has it's limitations and querks. For instance to program a pocket you need basically two lines of code, a G-code machine may have hundreds of lines of code. Good luck with it!