588,206 active members*
4,237 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: zoom

zoom

Got a laptop with one of those touch pad mouses.What I am trying to do is zoom in or out on the simulation.Instructions say to use center scroll wheel on mouse,well this don't have that.Control and + don't work either.Anybody have any ideas.That is goin to suk if cannot zoom in or out.

There may be a way to do it with the touch pad but I would get a wireless mouse to use with bobcad. I have been using a touch pad for years and just started using a mouse with my new laptop. It has so much more control I don't want to use the touch pad for anything anymore. The center wheel zooms the screen in or out. Makes it so much faster to zoom in on something you want to work on.

The inconvenience of that is I am constantly takin computer back and forth to work.One more thing to drag around.I would somewhere down the road like a home based computer but that takes more $$$$$ then more$$$$$ for an extra seat,because of the dongle issue(Bug).Could buy 2 mouses,but I was thinkin there should be a way to zoom without a mouse.New Hi-Tech Simulator,the old Preditor had it.Maybe someone has an idea about this.Put on wish list.By the way only ever touched a computer for about 3 years now,I have only used a mouse a couple times,its like trying to use my left foot to write.Fast and precise with my set-up,use to it.I like it.Time maybe to learn something else.Just wish there was a zoom button.

I think you want to look to your touchpad for this functionality. There is usually a hotkey that you can set to put it into "scroll wheel mode". Even your mouse has this. So, tap the key, touchpad is a zoomer, then tap key again..

Look in the control panel-touchpad config.

All laptops have some sort of scrolling functionality associated with them. Either your zoom is on the right hand side of the keyboard, or is like my new laptop with key gestures. Please remember you can also hold control and left click to use the Zoom-Window function

a

figured it,had scrolling region set too small.

The other day I was in staples and picked up a wireless mouse for $15. on sale. They may still be on sale. I was thinking of picking up a second one to keep at work so I wouldn't have to carry it with me.

During Simulation, hover your mouse over the point you want to magnify. Hit "X" on the keyboard. Hold "Shift" then hit "X" and it will zoom out at the mouse position.

I found a ton of shortcut keys by looking at the "Hot Keys" section. There are at least 2 other ways to zoom but I like using the X at mouse position. Easy peasy