588,626 active members*
6,037 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Novakon coolant system: any good?

Novakon coolant system: any good?

Howdy...

does anyone have and use the Novakon coolant system? Link:

http://novakon.net/16.html

I've almost got my NM-135 watertight/soundtight enclosure finished. In particular, I'd appreciate if anyone could comment on:

- thoughts on coolant pump longevity - does it look/sound like it'll handle many hours of operation? I've had bilge pumps seize on me at low hours.

- Does the pump&tank go in the bottom "closet" of the stand? If so, does the drain hole in the NM-135 pan clog up? It is only about a 3/8" hole, and seems to me it might be prone to clogging quickly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I have the NM-200 with the coolant system. The gauge on the tank leaks bad and months pass with no replacement available from Novakon. The connectors on the pump and the cable going to the pump were completely different. I had to go out an find my own connectors and install them. No fasteners were supplied to assemble the coolant tray system. The pump does go in the cabinet below but the hoses are not long enough to reach. You will have to go out and find your own hoses.

D. Evans in Tucson

Quote Originally Posted by D.. View Post
    I have the NM-200 with the coolant system. The gauge on the tank leaks bad and months pass with no replacement available from Novakon. The connectors on the pump and the cable going to the pump were completely different. I had to go out an find my own connectors and install them. No fasteners were supplied to assemble the coolant tray system. The pump does go in the cabinet below but the hoses are not long enough to reach. You will have to go out and find your own hoses.

D. Evans in Tucson
    eep. im going to be helping someone instal their nm200 coolant system soon. ill get back to this thread and report any difficulties.