587,523 active members*
3,535 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > First build! 3-Axis Gantry-style CNC

Hybrid View

Hmm, that DOES sound rather problematic. What would you recommend for motors instead? Though I'm not sure I understand how the driver and power supply wouldn't be able to 'provide enough juice'. The rated draw for the steppers fits well within the specs of the drivers and power supply.

Speaking of the steppers though, I was wondering, should I have them wired in series or parallel? If I've been reading correctly, I probably want Parallel. Series and Parallel both offer the same torque, but Series will stall sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBakachan View Post
    Hmm, that DOES sound rather problematic. What would you recommend for motors instead? Though I'm not sure I understand how the driver and power supply wouldn't be able to 'provide enough juice'. The rated draw for the steppers fits well within the specs of the drivers and power supply.

Speaking of the steppers though, I was wondering, should I have them wired in series or parallel? If I've been reading correctly, I probably want Parallel. Series and Parallel both offer the same torque, but Series will stall sooner.
    I'm still learning myself. So I wouldn't be the right person to ask. There is a guy named Crevice Reamer. Send him a PM and tell him your setup. He'll be able point you in the right direction. He really gave me some solid advice.