588,204 active members*
4,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > Need AL or Steel bending die to bend sheet metal firearm receiver

Need AL or Steel bending die to bend sheet metal firearm receiver

Been a while since I posted a RFQ here. Good to be back.

I need an AL or steel (whichever is eaiser and cheaper for you) bending die to bend my pre-stamped hk94 firearm receiver flat into a firearm.

Here is the "flat" piece of sheet metal.

After bending and welding the above "flat" using the die I hope you can create, this is what is supposed to happen:

It's an hk94 receiver. Semi auto only, of course.

What I want to do is create a die out of aluminum or steel in the shape of the inside portion of the finished receiver. I have had a heck of a time figuring out how to precisely trace the outline of the inner portion (air space) of the receiver so you can create a die in that shape. Essentially what we want to do is trace the outline/profile of the inside of the finished receiver, and then extend that profile out in space as a solid block to like 12" or however long the "flat" is.

I took some modeling clay and a severed rear section of a real Hk mp5 receiver and played cookie-cutter in an attempt to make a clay impression of the outline of the inside "air space."

I would bet good money you have much better and easier and more precise methods for measuring the outline of that "airspace" than my clay impression. Please feel free to give ideas. I can certainly mail you the clay impression or the severed rear portion of the mp5 receiver. Ideally we could meet if you are in the MO/IL region.

The die which will be created according to the above outline will have to have some "flanges" sticking out on either end. These flanges will be essentially rectangular and have some threaded areas on them. Then I want to create a second die out of aluminum or steel.

Basically I want to stick the above die, die#1, on top of the "flat," centered.

Then, on the OPPOSITE side of the flat, we have die#2. Die #2 basically is fairly thin rectangangular bar with an a few concave "impression" carved into it. These impressions follow the exact shape of the little raised rectangular portions you see coming out of the "flat" down its "spine" lengthwise. Basically die#2 has flanges and the flanges are threaded too.

So we sandwich the flat between die#1 and die#2, and put the flanges flush up against one another, and put a bolt through each end, tighten it down good. Now the flat won't move from it's centered position.

Then I just plan on taking the whole assembly and putting it over the gap of an open vise (one of the long ones if I can find it) and pushing down. I will probably push down by taking some clamps on each and and slowly clamping down. Hopefully the "flat" will bend around the shape of die#1. Only the very top circular portion is the part that really bends. The rest of it is already "preformed" and just needs to be swung into place.

It would be awesome if someone in MO/IL could help me out with this and I could pay them for the die work of course, and also pay them to let me use their shop/vise/clamps etc to do the bending. If you are a master tig welder then what more could I ask? Cuz once the thing is bent it needs to be welded of course in three places, and the welds need to be PERFECT.

Here's a link showing some pics of an operation similar to what I'm talking about which should explain it a bit more. Please email me/PM with any questions.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...ight=bend+flat

Receiver die

We can do the entire job...ship complete parts to you....it's getting them back accross the border. Have you the the proper licences? We make slides and receivers for two US based arms companies and they take care of the border. We are a full service cnc/ tooling shop with a master tig welder....no carbon marks!!! What monthly volume are you looking at?

John