I was looking for a decent spindle to get more power than my current rotozip, but I don't feel like pulling 12 amps from a 2 1/4 HP Milwaukee router I have as where I run the mill I only have a single 20 amp circuit.

I first started looking at the laminate routers, but they don't offer much more power than a rotozip, other than being a bit more solid. After a bit more research I stumbled upon these:

DWP611 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router with LED's | DEWALT Tools
Delta Machinery|Porter Cable Product Details for 1.25 HP Max Torque Compact Router - Model # 450

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either. They were released early October of this year so I cannot find any reviews online, and there isn't a single store within 150 miles that carries one. As far as I can tell they are identical other than the Porter Cable does not have variable speed. Retail on the Dewalt is $139 and the Porter Cable is $129, are there other better options for the price out there?

I like the full aluminum can, perfectly round can for easy mounting, and parts support, plus there are plenty of Dewalt service centers here. They also advertise "Extended 8-slot 1/4" collet maximizes surface contact with router bit shank for a tighter grip" and I don't know if thats just word play to make it sound better or if it really does help. I have a feeling it will be quite a while until they make a 1/8" collet adapter, so will I run into any runout or precision problems by using one of the 1/8" to 1/4" adapters like this: Router collet, 1/8" X 1/4", brass - eBay (item 380279609362 end time Dec-15-10 04:39:32 PST) ?

Thanks in advance, Taylor.