587,518 active members*
3,253 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Fusion-Xylotec CNC Conversion

Hybrid View

Todays update

I finally got tired of the spindle's, speed changing gear noise. Since I installed the belt drive kit from Little Machine Shop I have debated whether to remove the internal speed control gears which was an option.

Today I pulled off the head and stripped out everything, except the spindle and two bearings. A lot of holes in my X2 now; its starting to look like swiss cheese. Took about an hour but I removed all that noise. The inside gears were all plastic another weak point on the X2. I just wish I had a large enough arbor press to do the spindle job, would have saved a little time. I also tightened up the z axis Gib's while I had the fusion kit removed. With all the testing it had loosened up a little.

The x2 has certainly had a lot of pieces removed. My only regret is a set of axis hand cranks. Some times you just don't really want to turn on all that equipment just to move an axis a few inches. I have not found a hand wheel with a 1/4 in center hole, anyone have any suppliers?

Still awaiting my CandCNC mini i/o 2 and parts. I have been working on the home and limit switches but it has been slow going so far. Still experimenting with wire harnesses for the x axis.

Woodenspoke

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenspoke View Post
    Todays update

The x2 has certainly had a lot of pieces removed. My only regret is a set of axis hand cranks. Some times you just don't really want to turn on all that equipment just to move an axis a few inches. I have not found a hand wheel with a 1/4 in center hole, anyone have any suppliers?

Woodenspoke
    Try these people:

http://www.valtrainc.com/

I just bought some balanced cranks from them for my (non-CNC) X-2 - very nicely made. You could always turn a simple sleeve to take the 1/4" to whatever their standard bore is.

Pretorien