588,655 active members*
5,723 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

shoptask way covers

Has anyone put way covers on a shoptask? If so, what kind and how did you do it.

Maybe I am worrying too much , but seems like a good idea to protect the x axis from chips.

Ray

Red face

Hi Ray
    I feel someone should give some sort of reply,you worry to much. Just keep the ways clean and littly oiled. I have a paint brush that I use to brush of the chips.

Thanks, I ordered some way covers from ENCO and will experiment.

Milled out some 1/2 plate steel and the chips flew everywhere. So I'm looking into homemade chip guards to at least keep it on the machine stand.

Thanks for the reply

Ray

way covers

Seen your question on way covers or protection. I've found that useing thick paper towels and some small strong magnets makes some nice way covers and when done with the job or when you want. Use the towel to wipe down the ways and lightly oil and your ready for another job. Cheap and Clean. Works for me.

Keep Chipping,
    Valacomb

Quote Originally Posted by valacomb View Post
    Seen your question on way covers or protection. I've found that useing thick paper towels and some small strong magnets makes some nice way covers and when done with the job or when you want. Use the towel to wipe down the ways and lightly oil and your ready for another job. Cheap and Clean. Works for me.

Keep Chipping,
    Valacomb

Thas an awsome idea. Works great. Makes clean alittle easier to. Olny problem would be using a coolant pump. Would soak the paper.
    http://www.rainman229.com