588,445 active members*
5,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

#105 & #163 alarms

Can anyone help me out here? I plan on calling the HFO tomorrow morning, but would like to get an idea of what might be wrong before calling them. I have an Haas 2000 Mini-Mill & has been running great up until tonight. The machine was cutting a part when all of the sudden it spits out an #105 alarm (z-following error too large). When I hit reset to clear it & try to home z axis out it gives me an #163 alarm (z- zxis over current or drive fault). I turned the machine off & then turned it back on a few minutes later and referenced all the axis out (with no alarms) & I was able to run another part, but then it did the same thing again with the alarms. I take it it is either the servo drive or motor going out or is out. Does anyone else have any ideas or something that I could check out? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg 24 View Post
    ..... Does anyone else have any ideas or something that I could check out? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
    We had a similar fault quite a while back, same age machine, and I seem to recall it was an intermittent short circuit in a cable assembly.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

it can also be the brake board for the z axis brake the z brake may be losing power and clamping casing alarms the brake board is easily repairable with new diodes otherwise pay the man.
    REYTECH Machine Service Corp. CNC repair NY, NJ
    http://www.reytechmachine.com