588,208 active members*
4,305 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Red face WEDM -gear software

DO you need a special software to generate CAM programs for gear parts ?
    any suggestions?

Hi,

We have used BobCad-Cam Version 19 Wire EDM software several times to cut gears without any problems.

avieritei

I haven't tried this software - but seems straight forward is it meets your need:

http://www.realhamradio.com/gearhome.htm its only 50bucks so might be a cheap investment. I'm considering - but my wallet is a bit empty just now...

It looks unteresting because it goes from gear design straight to gcode. No intermediate steps if all you want is a SPUR gear. Note: it seems set up for milling a gear not using a hobbing tool (as I understand more accurate, faster, etc).
    Also, there are plug-ins for Rhino and SolidWorks too. Haven't tried those either but seems like a member on the zone wrote/used the Rhino script.
    :cheers: Jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

what types of gears are going to be cutting - I think I have a program (uses MS excel) that was given to me to cut flat gears if this helps

yes flat gears I must cut
    Thank you .

sorry for the delay

here you are

I tried to post the XLS file as an attachment but it doesn't seam to have taken if you send your E-Mail I will forward

one last try as a zip
    Attached Files Attached Files

the one thing that bobcad did with version 21 was improve the gear function

Talking Many thanks

Thank you every one for your support!
    It really helped me a lot !

:cheers:

I need the gcode for a 60 teths and 8" diameter to be used on CNC router 3 axis...thanks I uses the 6T Gear.zip program but it seems to have aproblem with line 4...gives me a error..