587,112 active members*
4,927 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Hello family

Hello family

Wanted to chime in and say hello to my new family. I used to belong to hurco clan, but sold out and jumped ship and moved into the tormach family. First thing I can say is that I am very pleased with the tormach and how well set up has gone. We have purchased every bell and whistle avail, and quite pleased with the engineering information that has came with the extras we purchased with the mill. Installing these extra items has given me a good bit of knowledge about the tormach and its inners workings. The guys/gals at tormach are very easy to speak to and give a clear direction in how to fix any issues. With the other family the distributor always wanted to send a tech out with a hefty bill afterwards. Grant it every VMC has its on personality like a female every 30 days LOL so its best to learn about her and how to keep her happy, In regards to the tormach, I am very pleased with everyone at tormach, (good job ANN/sales, ANDY/tech) The mill was delivered 14 days ago inwhich I was thrown off by the boss and I was totally surprised he pulled the trigger and purchased so quick. I was left moving at light speed to get the shop ready etc,,, Im running alittle slow, The one man army thing, LOL, The ATC is the last item on the list to install and looking very forward to getting that puppy on and creating some chips again. Its to be delivered this week some time. Its been almost 2.5 years that I have been out of the machinning business but I continued on with the design side. Got about 40 R&D's ready to go. hopefully with the good lords blessing I can get back into the swing again. Im still a baby machinist but pretty good with cad/cams. Just wanted to introduce my self and say hello to all.

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about the projects you do on the machine! Take your time and make sure the alignment on the ATC is very precise and you will be super pleased with its performance...

Im thrilled with mine, really makes projects that much more fun and productive.

David

Smile Hello

Welcome and Hello,
    Tormach has been a top notch company to deal with as well as making great products. Congrats, and I know you'll love the ATC that thing works flawlessly day in and day out. Just take the baby steps, the Tormach is a good machine so enjoy.
    RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, 4th

Welcome Ross.

The machine will continue to impress you every time you use it. I'm still so very impressed with the company and quality of the products ! Seems the ship has really started to gain some speed lately, and can't wait to see what is next.