587,615 active members*
3,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

2 acrylic items

they are semi circles, we need these to test the shape of a drawing we had made for some led boards, if they fit correctly then we would go into production. I would need this from time to time , its nothing fancy but if the quotes are too high for this I will think about just getting a zen 12x12 and learn how to do this, I may do this anyways.

These aren't high money items, I was quoted less than 2 minutes to cut.

Do you contact me and I email the pdf or dxf?

David

Post them on your thread.

I will have to get them hosted to do it, let me work on it.

thanks
    D

As for material thickness , its just a proto so nothing huge, nothing too thin, 0.118 should be ok if in stock, thinner than that is ok also.

D

Still open for quotes.

I do have to mention, material thickness doesn't matter, its the height and width that matters to us. I could cut these out on paper but paper is too thin and not rigid enough to test to see if these rings would work. Is there someone who is doing this as a hobby or to learn who would like to cut this out? I am not looking to pay a ton of money to do this as it's not for production and it's just to test the size.

I am thinking of getting the zen 12x12 to test all of our protos, but know nothing about running the machines.

D

If you view the files, please note we don't need the small leds on top to be cut out, we are only worried about getting the ring cut out.

thanks again
    David

hi david,
    first thing, i had to log into google docs to see what you had.
    might be keeping some people from looking.
    second , what is your price point?
    and where are you located?
    location would help you on turnaround times, and as far as cutting time,
    yes it might take 2 min to cut, but i would have to go get the material, program in the circles, setup the machine, then cut.
    not trying to rain on your parade, but, by saying your not going to pay much cause it only takes 2 min to cut, doesn't sound good to me either.
    wish you luck
    dan

I hear ya.

Location San Jose, CA.

I can supply the acrylic, I think what I am mostly looking for is a hobbyist to do these, they can play with their machine, make a little money at the same time..

I have quotes on here from 35-125 shipped, some need me to supply acrylic and some are willing to supply. Zentool has offered for me to drive up there and they can do it while showing me how the machines work, since I would like to buy one and be able to cut these on my own.

D