588,015 active members*
7,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > madcam freezing

madcam freezing

I don't know if its just my machine, but I keep having to close down rhino and restart.

I'm trying to generate cuts on a mold.. and I can understand it taking a while to calculate, but it just seems to freeze when doing the roughin.. then the preview does not refresh at times, if I get past the roughin..

Is this normal on more complex cuts?

I just dnloaded the evaluation.. and at this point I'm thinking of just uninstalling it as it is not really usable with this behavior..

Skankpile,

If you like, please e-mail the model to madCAM or post it here and I will have a look.

Joakim

its a sailplane wing female mold... I got so annoyed by the startup modal popup/splash screen madcam rases on the eval version I just uninstalled it.

I'm leaning toward a seperate package now.. thanks tho..

Quote Originally Posted by skankpile View Post
    its a sailplane wing female mold... I got so annoyed by the startup modal popup/splash screen madcam rases on the eval version I just uninstalled it.

I'm leaning toward a seperate package now.. thanks tho..

Skankpile I have sent you a pm.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by skankpile View Post
    I don't know if its just my machine, but I keep having to close down rhino and restart.

I'm trying to generate cuts on a mold.. and I can understand it taking a while to calculate, but it just seems to freeze when doing the roughin.. then the preview does not refresh at times, if I get past the roughin..

Is this normal on more complex cuts?

I just dnloaded the evaluation.. and at this point I'm thinking of just uninstalling it as it is not really usable with this behavior..
    Skankpile,
    go into >control panel > administrative tools > computer management > processes>..........Now shut down all process that don't have to run.
    A basic winXP configuratin will have only about 18 process running. Too, make sure you have something like a 2 gig machine with about 4 gig of ram.
    Also, take your machine off-line___up plug the network cable___ stop all updates and shut down the fire wall......that should help alot......
    The same thing happens to me a while back........

freezing computer

Skankpile,
    If you want a hint at what is going on with your computer google:
    "round robin scheduling with intel processors"....

madcam freezing

skankpile,
    personaly, I wouldn't put Madcam and Rhino on the same computer....import your files to each machine with either a "my book" i.e. remote hard drive, or via tcp/ip (network)....but I really want all process shut down that don't run with madcam when you run the CAM routines/files.........
    Becaue, Rhino is still runing in the background while you are running the madcam files/process/work.........OK

Quote Originally Posted by ratrace2 View Post
    skankpile,
    personaly, I wouldn't put Madcam and Rhino on the same computer....import your files to each machine with either a "my book" i.e. remote hard drive, or via tcp/ip (network)....but I really want all process shut down that don't run with madcam when you run the CAM routines/files.........
    Becaue, Rhino is still runing in the background while you are running the madcam files/process/work.........OK

ratrace2.....are you aware of what Madcam is? Madcam sits inside Rhino and performs cam functions. You can't put Madcam and Rhino on seperate computers and get Madcam to work. It has to sit inside Rhino.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Uooops

(nuts)Guys,
    I'm sorry, my bad.....you are right. What I was getting at is that you should not overload the computer with to many processes from other applications if you can avoid it, it helps with stalls, and freezes....
    thanks guys for pointing that out.....