588,533 active members*
9,326 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Arrow 750 with Acramatic 2100...

Question Cincinnati Arrow 750 with Acramatic 2100...

...Hello everyone,i trust you are well? I have often browsed these forums for help,and usually found it,but this time I think I may be out of my depth!

Allow me to explain...

I have been programming my Cin manually for around 2 months now without issue,and actually find the control a pleasure to use,but someone has set up a CAD program called Dolphin to talk to it.

Ordinarily I would put up with it and just use Dolphin,but being a Mastercam lad I find most things over complicated and a pain in the rear!

I have the correct post processor for Mcam,but for some reason i can't get it to post the program to the machine...Would i be right in thinking the Cin can only 'talk' to one CAD system?

An error comes on the Mcam screen saying something like 'COM2 not ready...' but on the system configuration onboard the Cin,it is only showing 'COM1'...

So in short,if i delete all traces of Dolphin off my pc,do you think Mcam will send the file ok?

or is there a way i can access the Cin's hard drive directly from my computer,and just drop the program in directly...?

Sorry if none of this makes sense,it has been a long and fruitless day...

Thanks for looking,and any help or suggestions would be more than welcome.

Trigg

i know nothing of those programs, but it seems ur issue may not be with either program but rather mccam program settings.....

if ur machine has com port 1 but ur mccam program is trying to use com port 2, it will fail. must be a place in settings or preferences in mccam program to change wrong comp port 2 to right com port 1 so it will talk to ur 2100.......

I dont know about master cam,I bring my programs in through cimco and com port1 but I find to transfer I need to select com port 1 then set transfer in then send it from your computor im not sure this will work with your system or not,buy your right about one thing when there working well they are a complete pleasure to operate.Good luck Greg.

Configure the COMM Port and Check in CAM the default port is What is it COMM 1 or 2 ?
    Hope selection of proper comm port will solve your issue

Hi guys,thanks for the replies...

I set Mcam to send to machine via COM port 1,but there must be something locking it to Dolphin as after trying to post i keep getting an error saying 'failed to initialise com2'?

there must be a way to lock Mcam onto COM1,and unlock Dolphin...?

I'll keep trying,but bloody hell is it frustating!

Thanks again,

Trigg

sorted!

I wasn't saving the NCI file in the folder that dolphin used.

I have got rid of dolphin entirely,but have kept its drawing folder that the Cin uses.

Cheers for your help guys.

Trigg

Re: Cincinnati Arrow 750 with Acramatic 2100...

Dear Friend
    I am needing, manual connection CINCINNATI MILACRON ACRAMATIC 2100 machining center.
    Can anyone help?
    Thank You

Re: Cincinnati Arrow 750 with Acramatic 2100...

Quote Originally Posted by erluma View Post
    Dear Friend
    I am needing, manual connection CINCINNATI MILACRON ACRAMATIC 2100 machining center.
    Can anyone help?
    Thank You
    Hi

you need manual connection for configuration RS232??? if you need this let me email in PM , I will send you!!!

regards