588,138 active members*
8,473 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Follow Up Of My Cnc Put Together Now

pictures Of My Cnc now Put Together

hi gang

as you can see i have now put my cnc which i got off ebay together, i have not run it yet and dont know how to yet (never ever used one) so i hope you like it and all the best with your builds.

thanks
    chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00654.JPG   DSC00655.JPG   DSC00656.JPG   DSC00657.JPG  

Very nice!
    Looks like a quality build.
    How much did you end up spending for it, seams like a lot of expensive components
    where used.
    Travel? , Stiffness?.
    You will have fun running this machine seams strong enough for some
    aluminum jobs.

Angry

hi

in total the cost was well over the odds at about £600 even more so when i have not managed to get it to work yet as i dont know how to.

you can see the sizes on this link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

i want to use it to make parts for a bigger machine that i will start to build very soon.

thanks
    chris

Chris,

Nice looking machine.

A few questions. Does this come as 'kit' with all the mounting points predrilled etc. ?
    Is it well documented or did you struggle ?

You mentioned you don't know how to get it to work. What's the problem ?
    Maybe we can help a little. (I'm only a novice mind !)

Cheers

hi gang

all that came with it was the framing and the steppers, i had to buy the rest of the stuff.
    the frame was pre-drilled with all the holes and goe's together no problem now the only problem i have is i dont have the board set up yet (just waiting for it to come) and the fact that i have no idea how to use one of these dont help to much either.

thats why i got myself a small cnc first to learn how to use it before i start to build my bigger cnc about 3"x5" just starting to buy parts for it now, what io would like to know is on a cnc that big what stepper motors would be a good size to use, i want to cut wood and aluminum.

thanks
    chris :cheers:

a 3" x 5" router could probably be run with 3.5" floppy steppers .
    Im sorry I couldn't say about a 3' by 5' but my jgro ( about 2' x 3') is running ok with 180oz steppers and M12 studding so it would run with this sort of size but would probably take a week to get from one side to the other, but with the proper leadscrew would probably be ok. At slow step rates steppers have a lot of torque.
    Paul

hi gang

well i got the thing going and what a waste of time and money that was, its slow the stepper motors are very weak and all its good for is routing pcb's.

cant thank the dipstick enough that sold it to me and heres a warning for all you people that want to buy one from him on ebay DONTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. :boxing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3781847346

i paid well over £600 :drowning: for this with all the shipping and i should have just decided to build my own from the start, take that advice people build you own.

anyway thanks for all the support from you people out there and i will be back when i start to build my own, once i buy another to learn how to use them i know i know buy not make, well i have to see how to use one first so i dont mess up the bigger one i am going to make.

thanks again gang
    chris :cheers:

Sorry you are not happy with this machine.
    The E-bay item stated that it is for non-metal parts only, looking at the
    tiny motors it seams obvious.
    What is it you are dissatisfied with?

One of the Pictures in the add shows open bearing blocks this would allow
    to further stiffen the slide rails by adding supports along.
    Cant tell but if this is possibly on all axes then you could easyly make some small
    additions to really beef this thing up.

Seams the small motors would work good with a XYLOWTEC drive, slow but for
    under $1000.- Dollars this seams not to be that bad a deal.
    Good Luck

well you can upgrade the motors.. and do small things with it. dont think you lost out.. learn how htis thing works and go from there.

Hey Chris,

This sounds like a good machine.

I was so tempted myself .......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...506732898&rd=1

hi mate

yeah its really kool, only because its mine.

i have advertised it on ebay just to get back what i paid out for it really, that way i can build a bigger machine with all the help from you lot on here.

Hey Chris is it really that bad?? Kammo1

hi mate

it must be me as i dont have much patients to set it up.

i could set it up and use it but i just want to really make one that way i will appreciate it more, its now on ebay for sale so i can get the funds to make a bigger machine with the money.
    thanks
    chris

hi gang

i have just purchased another cnc router AGAIN i know but this one comes with the pc and software and is bigger and better so i will now be able to build the parts for a bigger machine no problem. take a look at it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

i cant wait for it to come and to get started, thanks for all the help you guys have given me.

hope you like it and i will post pictures of the work i do on it and more of it when it comes.

thanks
    chris :rainfro:

hi gang

can you believe i just sold my cnc router on ebay for just over £800 how good is that, it will help towards the new router i have thats on its way to me right now.

thanks for all your help gang
    chris

Sounds about right for the cost. I'm doing one at the moment like the k2cnc machines, by the time I'm done I'll have $1500.00 into it for a 3' x 2' footprint. None of this stuff is cheap, if you want good performance, prepare to spend the bucks.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Good news Chris.

New machine looks good. Keep the pictures coming.

Hopefully this will suit your needs.